difficult child got a Job!

GuideMe

Anyway, difficult child never gave me a problem working, so this isn't really that big of news, which is great in it's own way. She has no problem with working and actually loves to work. One of her good qualities.

Anyway, long story short, around 8:00am this morning, I was in a deep coma sleep and I heard footsteps going through out the house, and when I am in a deep coma sleep, I really don't care if it's a ghost or a buglarer, I'll deal with it later lol. Anyway, come to find out, it was difficult child getting up early and getting ready for a job interview that I didn't know about. So the funny part of the story was, I first thought it was a ghost or a burglar in my home making all that noise, then ever thought difficult child would be up that early on her own and I am being as serious as a heart attack right now

:rofl:

Anyway, literally, 20 minutes after she got home, they called her and offered her the job, woot woot, and it's a good job too!:woohoo:

GuideMe

Thank you, it's the major shift that we needed. She's happy and so far she's been doing better, coming home on time and quit smoking weed. She realized it was becoming a problem. Don't get me wrong, she has leaps and bounds to go, but taking what I can get right now. This is one more step to her independence. It will make me feel less stressed when I finally make the move.

GuideMe

haha and she just called me and told me she got upset with her friends and told them off because they never chip in for gas...
.:abouttime:

recoveringenabler

Staff member
This is a good step GM, I am happy for you. It'll keep her occupied too. As HLM always says, today is a good day, that's all we have, right now. And, right now, it feels good for you so enjoy!

GuideMe

This is a good step GM, I am happy for you. It'll keep her occupied too. As HLM always says, today is a good day, that's all we have, right now. And, right now, it feels good for you so enjoy!

Thank you so much RE! She really has been doing better, my God. And just a half an hour ago, we were watching tv and she was sitting right next to me for a long time! It didn't even occur to me until later, like "wow, she is actually sitting next to me!" It just happened so naturally. She didn't even realize it and neither did I (until later of course)

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Maybe her stint in the hospital had a bigger impact on her then she is letting on. Really GM, she is only 18........ my granddaughter is 18 and I think if she were in that hospital it would have freaked her out BIG TIME. Even though she isn't offering you any hints about her feelings, it really sounds as if she has shifted in some manner. Her sitting close to you like that just sounds so tender. I know when my granddaughter was home, before she left for college, every once in a while she would come and cuddle up with me. It was always so interesting since probably 5 minutes before she was asserting her rights as an adult........but at 18 there is still a big child in there too.

Enjoy these moments GM, we know how fast it can all change, so really relish the good moments.......a lot. In spite of all of her crazy behavior, she still loves you, that's apparent........

GuideMe

Oh yes, I am relishing big time. I almost want to pinch myself to see if it's real. She has been home on time, every day for the last week! That NEVER happened, NEVER. Through out her teenage years, she always came and went as she pleased, no matter what time of the night it was, all night long. It truly enraged me and caused a lot of anger issues, so her being on time at a curfew that *I* set is like a dream come true. I truly did not think she was capable of it. She hasn't smoked weed all week and has been telling her friends "NO" to everything. And now she got a job, which she always had, so no surprise there, but it does sweeten the pot, especially at a good place giving her good pay. Even if this all changes tomorrow, just the fact that I had a week of it, shows me that it is possible. I really do think maybe that place had an impact on her because she never, ever, never, ever lost her freedom like that before and also, I think the therapy and medication she is on is helping as well. Who the hell knew medications really did work? Hell I might even start taking them like I am suppose to if she stays like this. The only draw backs this week were three major arguements, but hey, not everything can be perfect, at least she came back around and that's what matters right now. For once, she is living her life right.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Medication can make a huge difference if it's the right one and the person actually takes it. I hope she continues with the medications and the therapy, it'll certainly enhance the quality of her life as well as yours. I am over here crossing my fingers and toes for you GM, I so hope this was the wake up call your daughter needed.........for right now, in this moment.........life is good........

Lil

That's terrific. Good luck to her and you. It has to be such a burden lifted, to know she has her own income for when you move and she can get her own place. I'm very happy for you and her.

Albatross

Very encouraging news, GuideMe. It sounds like she may be seeing this as a real fresh start. I think following her therapy and medication regimen and saying no to her pot-smoking friends are big steps; in fact, the friends issue is a HUGE step!

GuideMe

Very encouraging news, GuideMe. It sounds like she may be seeing this as a real fresh start. I think following her therapy and medication regimen and saying no to her pot-smoking friends are big steps; in fact, the friends issue is a HUGE step!

Thank you, you have no idea! Her friends have been floored that she has been coming home on time and has stopped smoking weed. They can't believe it. And hopefully, maybe they will realize too that they all have real bleeping problem.

HeadlightsMom

GM -- Fantastic news! Congrats to your difficult child! Great news for all of you and so glad to hear!

RE -- Thanks for the reminder to appreciate and savor each good day! Really needed that reminder today! :)