difficult child I's girlfriend's Mom pulls in driveway and

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
Dumps girlfriend off on my door step, she tells me "my Mom will be back later" nice huh?

Now difficult child I and girlfriend are on couch downstairs together and I go down to bring them some candy (to spy) and she's lying on couch in her bikini top and short shorts and he is sitting between her legs (nothing like playing twister on the couch) I keep finding excuses to go up and down the steps (loudly) but I do believe girlfriend would let difficult child I eh hem with her right on my couch!

Suggestions??? I am considering filling up difficult child II's supersoaker with icewater and shooting to kill!:mad::anxious::tongue::cold:

:stopglass:

klmno

I wouldn't handle this one very nicely myself- they would both think I was a B***H after I said what I would say about it. But, my difficult child isn't that age yet (I think you're talking about a difficult child that is older than mine), so maybe others with more experience can help!

meowbunny

Did she come over in bikini top? Either way, I'd be telling her to put some clothes on and if she didn't have any, give her some of mine. Then the two would no longer be allowed downstairs by themselves. Too much temptation, too much inappropriate behavior. If I got too many arguments, I'd be calling girlfriend's mom and explaining EXACTLY what has been going (with pics if at all possible) and saying this is not acceptable and she is not welcome here unless she (1) has clothes on that cover her body and (2) respects the house rules.

I'm not one who cares if my child is embarassed if the behavior is inappropriate. What you described is highly inappropriate.

If all else fails, the supersoaker sounds like a great idea.

witzend

How about a good old fashioned "If you think you're going to be down here half naked in each other's laps all day you have another think coming! Get your butt upstairs and make yourself useful with some housework! girlfriend, tell your mom to call and ask next time if you don't want to contribute!"

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
difficult child II came home, so I sent him down there to keep them company. I heard his 1st sentence when he got down there "did you go swimming?"

Marguerite

Maybe I have a different way of thinking... or maybe it's because I had to accept that if my kids were going to have sex, my lying across their doorstep every night wouldn't prevent it.

HOWEVER - there is a time and a place. I'd be making it clear (by actions) that lying around watching movies all day is not the only way to spend the holidays, and a heavy petting session on the couch is not the way to connect socially to people. If they were alone, they could get on with it. But if you are in the house, they should be including you in conversations, activities etc.

I'd be feeding them - salad is a good start. And hey, I don't know what you like in your salad, so how about you both come upstairs and we can all make tacos together? I've got the ingredients already chopped up, laid out ready to go.

Our TV & DVD player is in the family room right off the kitchen. It means I can supervise any friendly activity. Even when I knew my kids were sexually active with their partners, it was still considered bad manners to "carry on" oblivious, in a room full of embarrassed people. And even if they go to parties where this is happening, as a rule other kids will value them more if they spend their time with other people, WITH other people and not wrapped up in each other.

It's a matter of manners.

If girlfriend is feeling the heat and needs to strip off to her bikini, send them both out to wash your car. (quietly point out to difficult child I that this way, he gets to see what girlfriend looks like in a wet t-shirt; OK, with her bikini on underneath, but think Jessica Simpson in "Dukes of Hazzard").

That way you get them out of the basement, AND you get your car washed.

The best option of all - make friends with girlfriend. Find out what her favourite food is, and have plenty of it. Encourage her to talk to you. That way, she is spending less time dangerously lip-locked with GFGI.

Marg

Andy

Yep, little brothers do come in handy. :rofl:

The supersoaker is also a great idea. I am sure difficult child II would be willing to help with that also.

Try taking a sweatshirt down; "Oh girlfriend, you must be freezing. Here, wear this."

DammitJanet

I vote for entertainment in the main areas of the house. No alone time at all. They can watch tv in the family room or living room, sit at the kitchen table for snacks, sit on the swings in the back yard. Wash the car, play games on the table...yada yada. No hanky panky in darkened rooms. If they want to run through the sprinklers outside...well ok. But then we get dressed again.

You dont even want to know what I walked in on at 6:30 this evening but then again Cory is 21 and his girlfriend is 18 and they both live here...lol. My eyes, My eyes!!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
My Mind, My Mind... I am thinking a shotgun. JK
I like Janet's and Marg's ideas! Keep em' busy and respectful. Teach them the right ways to "do it", my eyes, my eyes!!! LOL

Abbey

Spork Queen
I gave up on being polite with easy child son and his two obsessive girlfriends. I just say it - nope, no laying in his bed in his room. Nope - no closed doors. Nope - no secret trips to the park. I'm not stupid.

Now, I'm not dumb enough to know that this stuff goes on outside of my house, but when you're in MY house it's not going to happen.

I told first girlfriend that she needed to wear more clothing when she came over here. I'm not a prude, but it was down right slutty. I have to admit...she complied.

Abbey