difficult child is going away for a week!

flutterby

Fly away!
She leaves Friday. Her tutor/PCA is taking difficult child to MN with her - Linda, I believe she'll be in your neck of the woods. difficult child's spring break isn't until the following week, so she'll still have to log on and do school work. But, they also plan on spending some part everyday at the Mall of America.

I went to my grandmother's for a couple of days late last year. And difficult child spent the night at my mom's in July. Other than that, I can't tell you how long it's been since we've had a break from each other. Together 24/7 gets to be exhausting.

It will be a nice break and I know she'll have a really good time. It will be really good for her to get out of her shell a bit. She's looking forward to it.

Now...what should I do with all my free time?

nvts

Oh, this is going to be fun! Sleep. Sleep and feel better. Then, wander. Window shop at all those little places that you've always walked past when difficult child was tense/anxious, breeze in and take the time to stop and smell the roses.

If you're not too cash strapped, go get a new haircut. Splurge on a nice lunch with you and a book. Keep the input to your brain and body quiet and serene. Enjoy the "alone time".

Eat chocolate. Rent a really stupid movie that will make you laugh (highly recommend "Shaun of the Dead" or "Keeping Mum" - not into British comedy too much am I?). Shaun of the Dead is a take-off on Dawn of the Dead with Simon Pegg. Keeping Mum is hysterical with Rowan Atkinson and Maggie Smith (who I truly LOVE as an actress). More chocolate.

Make sure you run with scissors. It's your house and you're old enough to break that rule now.

Beth

Andy

That will be a very fun trip. I suggest the Under Water World. They should go through it when they first get there. The admit band will allow you free access the rest of that day so she can visit it again free of charge before leaving.

Lots of great resturaunts also. I would suggest at least one meal at the RainForest Cafe.

If she shops for clothing, there is a place called Deb's up one or two floors from the RainForest Cafe that has very nice clothing at very inexpensive prices - especially prom dresses. Diva would buy her prom/banquet dresses there for $50 - $80. One dress was even $15.

M

ML

Enjoy the peace! I'm sure she will have fun and it will be good for both of you. Hugs, ML

KTMom91

How fun for her! I've wanted to visit The Mall of America for a long time.

While you're enjoying the peaceful quiet...get a haircut, pedicure, or something else you don't really need. Eat what YOU want when you want to eat it. Go someplace new...a bookstore or a coffee shop you've wanted to visit. Relax.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm so glad you'll be getting a much needed, well deserved break and that at the same time difficult child will be enjoying a fun trip! Take care of you during this break. Hugs.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
How very cool ~ Not Mall of America. Been there so many times that it's boring to me; I do know it's the place to go in MN. No sales tax here on clothes so you can save a great deal there as well.

Heather I hope you can regroup & build your strength during this time of respite.

Tell difficult child to have fun.

B

butterflydreams

Enjoy yourself. I hope she has fun, and you get some much needed peace, quiet and relaxation.

Christy