difficult child is in jail

DammitJanet

Awww Kat...I am so sorry to turn on the computer and see this post. Wish there was something I could do or say to make things better but there isnt. Just know I care ok?

Hugs.

everywoman

Thanks for the hugs ladies. It's needed tonight. Not much cheerfulness going on around here tonight. The house and all the occupants are in mourning for what should be, but isn't.

Sunlight

I am sorry I just saw this. Your son is obviously going to learn from the school of hard knocks...just as mine has to.

once they are an addict, they are an addict. or alcoholic. sometimes they can behave a long time, then they simply go off the deep end again. choose if you want this life for YOU or not. I chose ant cannot live with me, and I really do not want to even think of what his daily life is about anymore.
enough.

everywoman

I'm with you janet. I can't do this anymore---and difficult child is still young---he will be 19 on May 1st. He knows right from wrong. He has been clean and sober. He knows what it takes. We have done inpatient, outpatient, medications. I can't do anymore.

DDD

The pain is just like a silent weight on your chest. You can suck it up and keep going and probably few people will know that
you can barely breathe. Those of us who have been there done that, know how it
feels and know it can return at a moments notice.

My husband and I do not go to the jail...period. We do accept the collect calls but if and when it happens next time we will limit
the number of calls we accept also. It doesn't have any real
positive effect for us or for him.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. DDD

SunnyFlorida

I'm so so sorry Katmom. I know that horrible feeling. I know how it feels to ache and just sob.

time will help and time will also be hard.

{{{sunny hugs}}} and cyber support. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

rejectedmom

The pain that I feel in my heart is almost intolerable. I don't know how to go about facing the rest of my week. Thursday is our last day of school before spring break---then I am off until the 15th. I just hope I can hold out until then. This is so hard. Two months ago he was great. He was clean and sober and doing well. It only takes a short while before the ugliness of addiction creeps back into your life.

Katmom, I totally understand. We have so much hope when they are doing well. We allow ourselves to think that this is it. This time they get it and they are going to make it. Then our hopes are dashed yet again and the pain gets so hard to handle that we end up numbing our emotions towards them. I have not even written to my difficult child for over two months. I just simply do not know what to say anymore and I am so angry that he continuse to hurt himself through his poor choices. I can only think about him in small doses and I try to fill the rest of my time with more rewarding pursuits. I don't know if anything I have said helps you but know that I understand and I am praying for you. (((HUGS))) -RM

wakeupcall

katmom, there is no greater hurt than what our children can cause in us. I'm so sorry you're hurting. Try to be strong...

Pamela