difficult child race car enthusiast is VERY SAD

buddy

difficult child's high interest area is car racing. Loves all of it. This was the last Indy race of the year...

Dan Wheldon has been just been killed in a terrible Indy race car crash. difficult child saw it happen, he is pacing the house. He just said, " MOM, I am just thinking of all the memories from the last year, and the last word he said was 'Thanks' when he did the pre race interview...I remember that, mom."

These are life lessons. So sad for the drivers and Dan's family.

keista

((((HUGS)))) Poor kid. Yes, a life lesson, and yes he FEELS it. Just processing and expressing it in a very Aspie way. ((((HUGS))))

DammitJanet

Wow...I hadnt heard about that. Missed the NASCAR race last night which is where I most likely would have heard about it. I dont keep up with Indy as much except for the actual 500. And Danica. I am so sorry to hear about this. I do know who Dan Wheldon is though. Im so sorry for his family and all the fans who had to see that. And especially your son.

I remember when Earnhardt died, it was awful like this. Im willing to bet if you look online you will find either FB pages or tribute pages or songs to Dan Wheldon that your son can sign his name on. Maybe that would help him.

Steely

Heard about this too and I am not even a fan.....I know, if i saw it live I would be like your son.....hugs:(