difficult child was fired

Nancy

difficult child was fired again from her job, She hasn't held a job for more than 3 months. I am so depressed. It is impossible for her to follow rules and that's what makes this whole thing so hopeless.

T

toughlovin

Oh Nancy,

I am so sorry!! And our difficult children are so darned alike. I think the crux of the issue for my difficult child is just what you said, he cannot and will not follow rules. This has ALWAYS been an issue for him so we had lots of issues with him before he discovered drugs.... and the substance abuse on top of it all well that is why he is in the situation he is in today. I have no answers except keep taking care of yourself, enjoy your easy child and your husband and remember your daughter has to find her own way.... and yes it is excrutiating for us to watch.

TL

DDD

Sorry, Nancy. It's hard to figure how such a bright, cute young adult can not "see" what pattern in wrong for keeping employment. At least with difficult child#2 I get it. He can not multitask and IF he sees a coworker doing something "wrong" he assumes the role of mnager and corrects the behavior. Yikes. He just can't help himself. I'm guessing your difficult child is likely apt to show late or not show depending upon what's going on in her personal life. Either way...detach.Hugs DDD

A

AmericanGirl

Nancy, I am so sorry. Keep recalling - you didn't create it, you didn't cause it and you can't cure it.

Calamity Jane

Oh Nancy - that is so disheartening. That seemed like a really good job, and I remember you mentioned she had the oppty to make lots of tips. I also remember you said the boss ran a "no drama" kind of place, and either you get it or you get out. Not a great environment for a difficult child, I guess. Just awful. :sigh:

rejectedmom

((((Nancy)))) I am so sorry you have been disheartened yet again. My difficult child was the same also. They just can'[t seem to maintain even when they have the best intentions. Sigh -RM

S

Signorina

{{{hugs}}. Feel your pain and your frustration. Fwiw, my difficult child is out of work too; claims he quit but who knows.

i will never understand why our kids can't link their own behaviors to their eventual downfall... Ugh

P

PatriotsGirl

I am so sorry Nancy.....mine has still not held a job for more than two days.... :(

Nancy

I'm just sick about this. I suspect she either drank on the job, came in high, missed work or stole. The reason she gave was because she ate a mozzarella stick that the cook made for her. I highly doubt that.

I didn't sleep all night, tossing and turning worrying about what she was going to do. I hate this. And the sad party is that even if she was sober, even if she never had another drink, she would still have a hard time keeping a job. She didn't get this way when she started using, she was always this way.

dashcat

Nancy,
When I saw this thread on the Forum Home, I hoped it wasn't you. I am so very sorry and I can relate. Many hugs,
Dash

busywend

Nancy, is difficult child worried? I doubt it. At least probably not as much as you are! I am sorry for this new stressor. It bites when we have to worry so much for them. Mine is on the verge, i learned this week, of being let go. I hope it was just a wake up call for her.

Nancy

I don't know if she is worried or not. She doesn't seem to be but I don't know what goes on inside her head. Yes I am probably much more worried than she is. She doesn't seem to understand the long term ramifications of this. I would be in a panic.