Dont blink...I think Cory is moving out!

DammitJanet

It appears he is leaving the nest at long last without a fight or a fuss. Thank ye gods!

He is moving in with some guy he knows and sharing the rent. I have no idea how he is gonna do this and Im not asking. Not my problem. Im just happy he is leaving here. He has been quite cooperative the last few times we have seen him. He hasnt spent the nights here in the past couple of days. Just dropped in pick up some clothes and to grab a bite to eat. He says he will come by with a truck sometime this week to get his things. Hmmm. Ok. I wonder what "his things" entails...lol. I didnt know he had purchased any furniture. Oh well...I guess I can let him take his bed...I got it free. His tv and dvd player are his...nothing else in the room other than a fish tank on a desk. Oh and the crib.

So this is interesting. About time.

Now if Billy can just get the job he is interviewing for on thursday life will be just dandy.

DammitJanet

husband is doing well. Thanks for asking. He has been back to work for a couple of weeks now and things are going ok. Im having a dickens of a time making sure he remembers to take his aspirin and b12 though...lol.

donna723

QUICK!!!! How fast can you re-do his room???

:thumb:

My brother did that when his daughter left home and got married. She insisted on marrying a total jerk - they knew she'd be back. She was barely out the door when he started moving all his exercise equipment in there and turning her room into a gym! There's hardly enough room to turn around in there now, much less sleep! She still comes home about once a week (with her baby!) but has to make do with a rollaway in a little corner of their dining room.

Glad to hear that your husband is doing better and that he's back at work.

rejectedmom

I am glad your life is getting a little bit easier. I hope all works out for Cory and that this is the first step in a new beginning for him. -RM

hearthope

Janet what great news!!!

Hope Cory sticks to his plan. Suggest you have a plan in case you get the call asking if he can come back.

Glad to hear husband is better and wishing you the best!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:bravo:

Hmmmmmm...... Aren't you in desperate need of a computer room or something??? I'm all for redoing the room to squash any notions of moving back in. lmao

I hope this works out for Cory.

Glad to hear husband is doing well. :grin:

Hugs

Kathy813

Staff member
From your mouth to God's ear!

Seriously, it's waaay past time. Give him a kiss and wish him well.

I like the idea of redoing his room. I love those commercials where the mom is telling the son who left for school how they had changed his room to the bathroom that she always wanted.

Priceless!

~Kathy

DammitJanet

Well I may have spoken too soon about the no fuss no muss part.

We just found some items of ours missing in action...hmmm. Well we have a check coming in on the first for him and if our items dont reappear, he aint getting his check! Hows them apples?

As far as redoing the room...well I already have a computer room and we have two baths already and an extra bedroom that no one uses anyway...lol. This place is 4 bedroom and there is now only me and husband and Billy here. I do plan to make the bedrooms into grandchildren rooms. Or hobby rooms...or lizard rooms...or whatever.

One thing is for sure...after these items came up missing, he aint coming back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> (by Donna723)

QUICK!!!! How fast can you re-do his room??? </div></div>

:rofl:

wakeupcall

Janet, I laughed all the way through this thread!! I know it really isn't funny, but if we don't laugh, we cry! I even read the whole thing to husband and he said...."how sad we find things like that funny." Anyway, thanks for starting my day off with a laugh. I wish Cory all the luck in the world!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Glad things are calming(?) down for you. Yep, sometimes you have to check the brown bag luggage on the way out.... I'd be holding something ransom....

Glad to hear husband is doing well and your claim is resolving...any checks in the mail on that?

You really deserved some good news....take care

Oh good, Janet. You both have been through the wringer with Cory these past few months. (I am glad your husband is doing so well. I think we must have been traveling or something when husband was hospitalized. I remember reading about it, but not how everything came out. I am glad to hear he is doing so well.)

Now you will be able to find out who you are, and who you and husband are together. It's amazing what a difference it makes once we are no longer involved in the resentment and sense of entitlement difficult child kids seem to feel for us.

All at once, you and husband will begin to see one another as gentle, interesting, compassionate people again.

That's really the cost of living with a difficult child, I think.

We need to learn to be so guarded and cynical just to survive with them that it rubs off onto our relationships.

It's like neither party can be his or her best self, or see the best self in the other.

Like everyone, I wish Cory well ~ but I am happiest for you and husband and the changed relationship with each other that will come for both of you once this adjustment phase is completed.

You will be surprised. :smile:

Barbara

KFld

Quick, change the locks. He no longer lives there, took things that didn't belong, so make sure he can't get back in unless you are home and he's invited.

Hope your enjoying the peace and the missing things didn't put to much of a damper on the joy of it all.