Dr. Drew's Rehab Program....regular kids/young adults like ours SIGH!

DDD

Accidentally I watched Dr. Drew's Rehab (whatever it's called??) and it has "regular" young people and not celebs. In the preface he said "people think I cater to celebrities but my practice is mostly normal people with problems". There were a number of easy child's who turned into addicted difficult child's. I swear I still get teary eyed when I see high achieving handsome easy child boys with loving families completely absorbed in addiction. Guess I'll never completely get over the shock.

Anyway, since it is young adults from mostly normal families I thought I'd mention it here in case any of you want to watch. DDD

S

Signorina

Don't think I could bear to watch...maybe someday when it isn't so close and so raw.

My difficult child is "home" for a week, giving me big glimpses of the easy child he once was...how I have missed that sweet, delightful "normal" boy. Hoping it's a sign of things to come, afraid it's just the lull before (yet another) storm. Just trying to enjoy his company while it lasts. . .

DammitJanet

I want to go live at that treatment center just to live...lol.

I watched the show tonight and it looks very good. I am glad he is doing one with regular people instead of just celebrities. It should prove interesting. I wonder if any of the people on here could contact him about how to get their kids in. Im thinking specifically of TL. It wouldnt hurt to just send a letter to him. Heck, I think I would be contacting both of the famous doctors. I do know Dr Drew does deal with dual diagnosis's.

T

toughlovin

Thanks Janet for thinking of me. I have avoided going and watching the show right now because the whole thing is so painful and at this point I am convinced I have to back off and let him find his way however hard that may be. I did get a FB message from him this morning so at least today i know he is alive. It was actually a nice message where he said he missed us and thinks of us every day and that he is managing.... fo course there was also a status update on FB that scared me a lot because if I read between the lines it sounds to me like he is using heroin via needles.... but I am not sure of that. I really dont think there is anything more I can do at this point except give him the contact I have where he is... and I left that on FB.....

TL

DammitJanet

I love Dr Drew. Im a huge fan and that Pasadena rehab facility looks like a lovely spa to me. I could live there happily for the rest of my life...lol. Nice room, smoking outside, nice meals, handsome doctor, group meetings, pool. Yeah thats the life for me!

Yes, Dr Drew should do a week or two for moms like us whose nerves are shot from having been through the wringer.
The place seems lovely; I'm sure i would benefit from the yoga and fresh fruit buffets laid out. Let's pitch this show idea! We can all go! And get paid!