Drug question?

Coralchet1

im going to sound really stupid and crazy here, but I'm concerned

I went to the store quickly and when I got home my sons room smelt like something burning. Now, it kinda smelt like burning rubber not sure ho as it was a weird smell...but I thought of tires for some odd reason..
I asked what was burning he screamed Nothing ...he left now...I went back in and the smell is masked with body spray...

Is weed as I know he smokes weed, but it was a different smell all together?

ksm

Could it be meth? I found a hollowed out lightbulb my Difficult Child used to heat it up with a butane clicker. You might find hollow pens, with the ink cartridge removed. Or rolled up pieces of paper. Or pieces of aluminum foil..

Coralchet1

I find lots of hollow pens, but I have read those can be used for weed as well..I haven't found tin foil. I don't want to assume it's meth, ugh

ksm

Here is something I copied from the web. You can even search this forum for other parents posts.

Meth is sold and transported in corner cut plastic bags. This is exactly what it sounds like, the corners cut off plastic sandwich bags. They are in the shape of a triangle. Don’t believe the excuse that they are for a stamp collection. Garbage bag twist ties cut in halves or thirds are used to contain, open and close the corner cut plastic bags. Hollowed out ink pens and straws cut in half or thirds are used for snorting or smoking meth. Strips of aluminum foil (may be creased down the middle) are used to smoke meth. The drug is placed in the crease and a heating source (flame) placed under the foil. When the meth evaporates, it is sucked into the lungs with the hollowed out pen or straw. You find these strips of foil rolled into balls. Hollow glass tubes, chipped or melted on one end (may have bulb at the end) are used for smoking meth. Meth is placed at one end of the tube and smoked through the other. Used glass tubes will have burn residue at one end. Don’t believe that it is being used to smoke marijuana. Light bulbs with internal pieces taken out are also modified for this purpose. It will have a chipped or melted hole on top of the bulb.

ksm

Depending on the quality of the meth, and what it's cut with, it might have a chemical smell. I don't wZnt you to jump to conclusions, but keep your eyes open. They can snort, smoke/inhale and inject.

ksm

I really don't think the hollow pens are for weed... Rolling papers are cheap. I have even found aluminum foil pipes that daughter made. I could be wrong. Have you found any pens that gave an odor or a residue in them?

I would go thru his room when he isnt there. I have even found a tablet that was inside the cellophane wrapper from a box of cigarettes that was sealed with a lighter. They get resourceful.

Teriobe

If he is living under roof demand a drug test, available at walgrens, dont wait 3 days it will pass outta his pee.

susiestar

Roll With It
I did some research online and burned meth, especially poor quality meth, gives off a smell like burning plastic or rubber. It is usually described as burning rubber. I came across this on several different forums by multiple posters. I just searched for "drug that smells like burned rubber when smoked" .

I am sorry. No one wants to get this news. Have you considered drug testing your son? You can get drug tests that screen for multiple drugs from any drugstore or Walmart, and you can get them from places like ebay also. You have to screen for meth fairly soon after exposure though. I don't know if it is worth the fight, if he will refuse or if there is something you can and will take away to get him to comply with the drug test. How do you feel about making him pee in front of you? Many users will tape a balloon full of clean urine to themselves to get past a drug screen. At lest make sure you have searched the bathroom and the pee is warm when he gives it to you. Some people try to pass off all kinds of things. Another member here had her kid try to give her apple juice instead of a urine sample. The mom drank it in front of the kid, go mom! Think about what you want to accomplish before you decide to drug test.

ksm

Usually, 3 days, and meth could be out of his system. If you decide to do a urine drug test, try to do it when he first wakes up. It will have a stronger concentration... At least that's what I have heard.

Coralchet1

Friend mentioned getting drug test too...I think I'm more scared of what I would do if he were doing meth, or crack. I know for a fact I would put him out the door and not look back. All the help I've gotten him over the years and all the abuse I've endured from him, along with the property damage. I honestly would give up the minute I found out about meth, or crack. I have educated my children regarding drugs. I kicked my two older kids out because of weed I was that against drugs that happen 3 days before Xmas. They got nothing that year for Xmas...I have since lightened up regarding the weed, but this other crap is a whole different ball game..

Teriobe

If he treats you bad, he most likely uses more than weed. Hardcore drugs makes them mean. And i know from my own experience, if you tell him your gonna drug test him, theres gonna be a fight. And sometimes its scary to face what you're gonna do if he comes up dirty. If you wait and the test is clean cause you waited too long he will throw it in your face too. Saying, see i told you i was clean. You cant go around this, well you can, but then you will have years if bs like me, 15yrs! Hit it head on and hard.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Coralchet1

Sorry to hear this. It's heartbreaking to know our adult children are using drugs. How old is your son?

I wouldn't even allow weed if he's had issues in the past with abusing. It just opens up a door that you don't want to open.

Were you able to get to the bottom of it?

Coralchet1

Coralchet1

Sorry to hear this. It's heartbreaking to know our adult children are using drugs. How old is your son?

I wouldn't even allow weed if he's had issues in the past with abusing. It just opens up a door that you don't want to open.

Were you able to get to the bottom of it?
Sons 16.. no bottom - yet-