Duckie's next project

tiredmommy

The kids in Duckie's multiage program have mandatory research papers and associated project to present to all three classes. She chose comets last year. She did a pretty detailed paper and created a board game to present. It was a lot of work but she was quite proud of herself when she completed everything and got a great grade for both.

This year's topic is snow leopards. She began reading the first of two books from the library today. husband and I will take her to the zoo in the near future where she will interview a zookeeper. She has already came up with a list of questions and a little intro. husband will videotape. That will just leave a quick poster for her to use while presenting the video interview to the other kids.

All this in second grade. :hammer:

Andy

Wow - what an undertaking for one so young. Sounds like she did awesome last year. She is learning alot about preparing and presenting. She is also learning that researching is fun. I always loved to do those special projects.

Last year difficult child did a presentation on loons. He made a flip board and the local museum borrowed him a tape on loon calling that he played quietly in the back ground during his presentation. He purchased several postcards of loons including some with babies to decorate his flip board and also to hand out to classmates.

Maybe if there are not too many kids in Duckie's class she can pass out postcards of snow leopards? The zoo should have some?

Good luck!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
As I recall I was making circles in second grade in preparation for writing in cursive....... what a difference several generations make.........

Andy

What a huge audience! Too many for postcard handouts for sure.

This will be another great experience for her to be in front of such an audience and have people listening to her.

K

Kjs

WOW. Very impressive! Second grade has come a long way!
Good luck to Duckie. And Bravo!

mstang67chic

Going Green
That's quite the feat for 2nd graders! Her last project sounds great though! Maybe with this one she could get something from the zoo keeper (or have the zoo keeper come to her presentation?) to show the other kids. I would think that the keepers would have things that she could use....a lost leopard tooth, a shed claw....maybe some fur. Anything like that that she could use as a visual or to pass around??? Just thinking out loud.

Good luck Duckie! It sounds like a fun project!

tiredmommy

Presenting the video interview is the project, so to speak. I think we'll work on an outline tomorrow evening... she read the second book late this afternoon.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:future: I predict that we'll see Duckie on the evening news 20 years from now as an international news correspondent!

rejectedmom

Kids today have so much more to learn than just a generationa go. It amazes me how their capacity keeps up with the demands.

PS. Tell Ducky I love snow leopards! -RM

Star*

call 911........call 911
I would like to "see" her report. I love snow leopards. That's our Duckie - resident 2nd grader going NY reporter! Look out Good Morning America!