DWTS is on tonight

Lothlorien

I was bummed last night when the Desperate Housewives turned out to be a recap.....but it did remind of us of what took place last year.

DWTS should be a REAL show tonight, so don't forget.

Ya know, last week, I posted a reminder about Survivor and forgot to set my DVR. Missy was having rages all last week, with Thursday being the worst. I forgot about Survivor until 8:30. :grrr:I won't miss it this week though.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Yeah, I missed Survivor too, but figure the first few shows are not that great.....HEROES starts tonight too.....

Kathy813

Staff member
Loth ~ I've got the popcorn popped. When will you get here?

I've been looking forward to this all summer. My school has parent conference night tomorrow night and I was worried that a parent would request a late conference. Luckily for me, they must have all been DWTS fans, too. I'll be home in plenty of time.

:smile:

~Kathy

Lothlorien

Move over, Kathy! Do you have a fuzzy warm blanket for me?....and a glass of Zinfandel? Thanks.

Cool that you won't miss the show tomorrow! Parent conferences already???? We only just started school a few weeks ago.

Kathy813

Staff member
We started on August 13th. Here's the Zinfandel :smile:. I don't think you'll need the blanket. It's still pretty warm down here in GA.

I'm already loving this season!

~Kathy

DammitJanet

So what did we all think?

I was a bit drugged up on Nyquil and ambien while watching the show last night but I thought that they did pretty well for the first show. Cant wait to see the guys perform tonight.

I really thought that the first guy...what is his name...lol...the cute lil blond professional dancer? He is a cutie! I hope he sticks around awhile just as eye candy...lol.

Lothlorien

Hough....as in Julianne's brother. Haven't a clue what his first name is though.

I was pretty shocked at that Cheetah girl. At first, I was a little turned off by her, but then when I saw her dance...Whoa!

Now who can be mean to Marie Osmond? or for that matter Jane Seymour? Those two exude nice and classy. If they danced like toads, the judges would be nice to them.

Except for Wayne Newton, I don't have a clue who any of those guys are. I must be a total nerd!

Kathy813

Staff member
I think Julienne's brother's first name is Derek.

I thought the Cheetah girl was great. I guess I am showing my age when I tell you that I had never heard of the Cheetah girls until last night. Her partner wasn't hard to look at either.

:rofl: Not as good looking as my boy Maks, though.

Jane Seymour was amazing, too. I wonder how she'll do in the Latin dances.

The supermodel has to go. I thought she was terrible. Unless a guy is really bad tonight, I bet she's the one to go.

I'm looking forward to tonight.

~Kathy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay, lets think about HOW these woman SOLD themselves to the audience first:

The Cheeta Girl...looks thin from the neck up, and is like a living Tigger! Bouncy bouncy fun fun fun fun fun! All smiles and cute..said she just wants to have a good time, but is competitive.

Marie Osmond....and I agree who could hate her? She was just laughing the entire interview as if it didn't matter if she were there, cracking jokes and most of the 'target' audience grew up with her, we know she just went through a divorce (she said it) a woman over 40 going through a divorce with kids. So there was her sympathetic jolt.

Jayne Seymore - Her "line" was that she has ALWAYS wanted to be a ballerina or dancer (show pictures of her as a child) but had an accident and couldn't dance with a bad back. Then she states that she intends on winning because she is SERIOUS,(show the rehersals) and the trainer says "She is harder on herself than anyone is." then she adds she's going to win without showing skin....and be elegant. Well...the age of the majority of armchair ballroom dancers IS over 50. Go to a USABDA dance once or a dance weekend in NY. So those people may vote for her.

Past that? I didn't like the Spice girl getting giggy wif it. Not appropriate and crass.

The supermodel is a super klutz. and needs to go first.

So far I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Cheeta (big) girl because she showed EVERYONE in the US that you don't have to be a pencil to get out and shake your groove thing and .....
Of course Jayne Seymore whom they said we'd best know as a BOND girl.....um...no...those days are long gone Dr. Quinn. Dr. Quinn was a weekly series for years. The bond thing was one movie. Gimme a break. She WAS elegant, but should stick to softer colors of gowns to win. HOT colors did nothing for her.

And marie Osmonds dress? OHHHHH puhlease it was a disaster. She was ADORABLE and played to the audience and judges. PLUS she's trying to loose weight. It think THAT is a plus for her votes.

Am I opinionated about ballroom? :slap: Try growing up with a professional ballroom dancer in YOUR home. My Mom has danced with that boy's father who said he was almost born on the dance floor. And he's right they (his mom and dad Latin Champs) were PHENOMINAL!!!!!!! Words pale in describing their energy.

DammitJanet

LOL...ok...here we go with Maks again!

Kathy you are not alone with never having heard of the Cheetah girls...lmao. I had to wait for them to actually put the words on the tv for me to figure out if they were saying Cheetah, Chiva, or some other word when describing her...lmao. Now I had heard of the Spice Girls!

ROFLMAO about the super model! Who knew you could be that skinny and not be fit! I would have thought she had to work out to keep her figure...whoda thunk it? Grace isnt her middle name.

I cant wait to see that Indy Driver...Mario/Marco someoneorother. Yes...I am bad with names!

tinamarie1

I decided before I ever saw Marie Osmond dance that I wanted her to win the whole thing. I just remember watching her on t.v. when I was a kid and loving her...wanting to be her. She has such a sweet personality and is too cute. kinda like americas sweetheart.
*sigh* although I did really like the cheetah girl, and right before she danced, easy child turned to me and said, mom she is one of my favorite disney tv stars, know why? I said why? She said because she doesn't look like a barbie doll...she looks real like me. After seeing her dance, she had me hooked, she is spunky and has an adorable smile. And she has real woman legs! no stick figures.
I say they vote off the girl who proclaimed she is a "supermodel" to the world. I had no idea who she even is..so is she really that super? She seemed a little over confident...for no good apparent reason in my opinion.

DDD

Well, did anyone watch the men?????? That was interesting!
I wonder who will be going home. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
I watched the men, DDD. in my opinion, Helio (the race car driver) was far and away the best. Albert (the model) was fun to watch but I'm not sure that was proper ballroom dancing.

Poor Cheryl, I don't think she'll be winning a championship with Wayne Newton. His body didn't move well and his face didn''t move at all.
:rofl:

I still predict that Josie (the supermodel) will be the one to go tonight. I think that she thinks so, too.

~Kathy