DWTS results!

DammitJanet

Ok...so no one has posted this yet or I cant find it...lol.

I wasnt surprised that it came down this way really. Marie has such a huge fan base and even though I think that Jennie and Derrick were probably the better dancers, the fan base pulled Marie through. Now its a toss up as to who will really win next week.

I want Julianne and Helio but I know Kathy will be tossing cyber pillows at me over Maks! LOL. Either way, one of those two couples are the best dancers and should win.

I was awe struck to see Sabrina and whats his name dance. She was so good! Those lifts were amazing. Wish I could afford to go see them on the tour.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I just heard the buzz from the professional dancing world - and they are upset because they say this has become a popularity contest instead of basing it solely on performance and technique.

Most of that world is pulling for Helio.

I dodge daggers every time I discuss this with my Mom about the fact that I pull for Marie -

But I'm still pulling for her - she's just so pretty!

DammitJanet

LOL Star...

Well the professional dancing world may have to understand that the non-professionals wouldnt know how to judge a perfect samba from a perfect rhumba. Honestly...I remember back when I was 12 and took ballroom classes (trust me we were awful!) that the cha cha went step step, 1 2 3. Now forgive me if Im wrong but I have seen nothing on tv that remotely looked like the cha cha I was taught!

We just sit back and vote on what we like. If we think it looks good and we think they danced great...well...thats good enough for government work! How on earth are we supposed to know?

I adore Maries look. She is beautiful. I only wish I looked half as good as she does considering she has 8 kids! Lordy I only had 3 and Im convinced they left all 3 of their twins inside me...lol.

Lothlorien

I had a feeling it would be Jenny. She's the better dancer, but Marie has much more personality.

Max and Mel or Helio and Julianne.....they are both terrific, I don't think I could chose between them.

All of these voting shows are based on popularity votes...what are they complaining about? If it weren't for these new dancing reality shows, these professional dancers wouldn't have people coming in droves to learn ballroom. They should just sit back and count their gold and shut up!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should just sit back and count their gold and shut up! </div></div>

Hey Loth. Next time tell us how you really feel. :rofl:

I'm rooting for Helio.......but I still think Sabrina should have won. :princess:

Suz

wakeupcall

I think they have all done an awesome job. Just learning the choreography week after week would be extremely hard, not to mention doing the steps properly. Most of us have no clue as to the correct way to do any of these dances. I took twelve years of dance and my cha-cha didin't look like that either....1 * 2 * Cha, Cha, Cha. My hat is off to all of them. I remember in ballet I twirled clock-wise while everyone else did it counter clock-wise.....arrrgggggg.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet -

1,2 cha cha cha.....and T-A-N GO! I dance like my feet are hobbled, and I can't shake or move anything - :dance:

Kathy813

Staff member
Janet ~ Did my pillows get there yet? I threw them as hard as I could!

:rofl:

Am I the only one that thought that Julianne did all of the dancing in their last dance? Helio pretty much just stood there and grinned.

I think that it is time for a woman to win! Go Mel and Maks!!!!

~Kathy

wakeupcall

I have ALWAYS thought the women had to dance a LOT more than any of the men. They have to shake it, push it, hike it, spin it, etc. The guys seem to mostly be there as the props, most of the time.

DammitJanet

Well...except for my boy Derrick! That child can contort himself into so many positions it isnt even funny...

Oh if I was only a teen again...lmao.

wakeupcall

I can't even remember being a teen.....lol! Oh, Oh wait......yeeeeeees I can. AND I wasn't dancing&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Nancy

Kathy I agree, I remmeber watching it and commenting that Julianne was doing all the dancing and at times he just stood there. She is awesome though.

Nancy