easy child and teacher trouble

Josie

I am wondering what, if anything, to do about easy child's math teacher. easy child says that the teacher "yells" at her every day. Today's example is that the answer given on a facts quiz was incorrect and easy child went up afterwards to clarify and was told by the teacher she was making a big deal out of nothing. Another day, she was raising her hand to answer a question and was told sternly to put her hand down. It sounds to me like the teacher is somewhat impatient with her.

easy child has been diagnosis'ed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) so she stays stuck on this and says she can't go to math. (So far she has gone.) I've told the teacher that she has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and is especially anxious about math so I expected the teacher to be a little more patient. This is a small, private school where the teachers are usually very accommodating.

There's only about 4 weeks of school left. How should I approach the teacher or should I just let it go? Does easy child just need to deal with this since I know her Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is making it seem worse than it probably is?

oceans

If I spoke to the teacher once and it did no good, I might go to the next level up to talk about my concerns. Perhaps you could ask for a meeting to discuss this. It is a private school, so there probably are no IEP's, but they often try to be accommodating in private schools.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I might let it go with such a short time left but more likely I would try talking to the teacher again-and maybe cc a note to the principal as well.