Enough is enough

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Just received a call from my sister. Our 16 year old nephew as in a horrendous car accident.

He is in a coma, a machine is breathing for him. His neck is broken, along with 6 ribs, his shoulder, jaw & one of his legs. He is in critical condition - his prognosis is grim.

There were no drugs or alcohol involved.

Our family cannot handle another death. Please say a prayer for my nephew. My brother (his father) is falling apart. It's too much too soon. My father has been sitting by my brother's side at the hospital.

Enough is just enough. We can't do this again.

Wiped Out

Staff member
:tears:Saying my prayers :tears:I'm so sorry-your family certainly is in my daily prayers. Many hugs.

amy4129

Linda-
Oh your poor family. Youre right it is just too much.
Know we are thinking of you saying prayers for your nephew and for you to have strengh and peace despite your aching heart. Hugs, friend.
Amy

donna723

Linda, I'm so very sorry. You're right ... it IS too much. Prayers being said for your nephew and all of the family. Please keep us updated when you can. ((((Hugs)))

Janna

Linda,

I'm so very, very sorry, my friend :tears: Many prayers and positive vibes being sent out to your nephew. Please keep us posted when you can.

Janna

Kathy813

Staff member
Oh, Linda, that's so unfair. How much can one family take?

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

~Kathy

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh Linda......I can't imagine. :tears: I'm sending thoughts and prayers to you, your family, and your nephew. Also, as many guardian :smile: as you need.

DammitJanet

Oh gosh...my heart sinks when I read his injuries. Your family has my prayers. My husband's father suffered similar injuries so we know what you are facing. This is definitely too much.

Sheila

I'm so very sorry. Prayers that he is quickly on the mend.

From November - Jan last year we had 4 deaths in the family. It was a very bad time; my heart goes out to you.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you all - all the prayers & good thoughts are appreciated.

My brother woke me up early this morning to let me know that nephew woke for 2 minutes & is responding to a few verbal commands. He's able to squeeze with his hands. Everything is unsure due to the swelling in his neck area - but the doctors don't believe there will be complete paralysis. Doctors have decided to keep him deeply sedated until swelling in that area calms & they can get a complete picture of the situation.

However, during the trauma or before, he suffered what looks like several mini strokes.

The next few days will be the most crucial.

Again, our family appreciates all the prayers & good thoughts sent our way. I believe we've started getting greedy in that area. :smile:

donna723

Linda, thanks for updating. That sounds like encouraging news.
:smile:
The recuperative powers of one so young can be amazing, much more so than in someone older. I will continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))