Every Child Matters...

tiredmommy

I just came across this writing and it made me think of our kids (author unknown):

As I walked along the seashore, this young boy greeted me. He was tossing stranded starfish back to the deep blue sea. I said, "Tell me why you bother, why you waste your time this way. There's a million stranded starfish, does it matter anyway?"

And he said, " It matters to this one. It deserves a chance to grow. It matters to this one, I can't save them all I know. But it matters to this one, I'll return it to the sea. It matters to this one, and it matters to me."

As I walked into my classroom, a mother greeted me. I was helping Jared study, he was struggling she could see. She said, "Tell me why you bother, why waste your time this way. Jared's only one of millions, does it matter anyway?"

And I said, "It matters to this one, he deserves a chance to grow. It matters to this one, I can't save them all I know. But it matters to this one, I'll help him be what he can be. It matters to this one, and it matters to me."

klmno

Very nice- would you copy this to the General? It does fit our kids and what we hope to get in their teachers and others in their lives- and what we hope they become!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I truly love this one. It is a gentle reminder that each of our kids deserves the help they need to grow and be as amazing as they each are.

It's beautiful isn't it?

My former boss gave us a copy of this with a starfish pin (the type you can put on a lapel or collar). He wanted us to remember just how important each one of our clients were. I still have my pin, many years later.