Exciting....Jamie is putting a contract on a house

DammitJanet

I didnt want to jinx it until he got the loan since the market is so tight right now.

He had a few problems due to his divorce but he worked his buns off to get his credit back up to par and he is buying a small house up in the little town he works in that is a suburb of Difficult Child in upper VA. I am freaking out at the prices of property up there but he seems to have found a nice little place at a price he thinks he can afford. ~gulp~

This is one of those times when we as parents sit back and watch the little birdie fly and we dont speak unless advice is asked...lol. He doesnt come to us for anything so we just tell him how thrilled we are for him and how we cant wait to see the new place.

I cant believe my baby is buying a house at 23!

goldenguru

You must be so proud.

Be sure you are one of the first to eat off his table. I tell my kids "I fed you for 20 something years. Time to feed me now".

I'm still waiting for my invite. :wink:

Rejoicing with you~~

LittleDudesMom

That's great Janet. It's kinda a buyer's market around here. I heard the interest rate is coming down again today. Hope he hasn't locked into an interest rate yet!

Stop by for a cup of joe and see me on your trip up to see his new house.

Sharon

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:bravo: :dance: :bravo:

Wonderful news Janet!!!! You must be so proud of him. :smile:

easy child bought her first house at 20. I think I was more nervous about it than she and sister in law were. lol But they're doing great, so Mom doesn't worry.

:its_all_good:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Very impressive Janet. He is well on his way to financial stability.
Best wishes to him for a full and productive life.

We have bought and sold quite a few homes but I will never forget the excitement and anticipation of the very first one. We were euphoric. Proud as peacocks to show our parents our purchase.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Another milestone!!! How exciting. I still remember our first house and how excited we were to move into a place of our own....CONGRATS to Jamie!!!!

DammitJanet

I will pass on the good wishes of his board aunties...lol.

Its just a small house but it has almost an acre for a yard which is huge considering the location. It also has an attic which is almost completely dried in so he can make that into another room. Its only a 2 bedroom but for a starter home I guess that is OK. He can add on if he so desires. He does have construction workers in the family...lol.

I guess I know what I will be getting him for Christmas...a plaque for the wall that says "Welcome Home"!

That is great DJ. Congratulations and happiness in the new home! (PS I know what you mean about the prices. We got severe sticker shock moving to one of the highest-priced areas of the nation, NE Illinois, from one of the lowest, NE Oklahoma).

Marguerite

That really is good news, Janet.

But I can't help getting this weird image in my mind, of Marlon Brando, cheeks stuffed with cotton, saying, "Just make him an offer he can't refuse. And Tommy, put out a contract on that house, willya?"

or maybe it's just me...

Marg

Ephchap

:bravo:Wahoooooo! Congrats to Jamie! :bravo:

Good for Mom too, as I know how proud you are, Janet!

Good luck to the happy new homeowner.

Hugs,
Board Auntie Deb

Janet,

husband and I were able to purchase our first house because husband was in the Navy and we were able to take out a VA loan. Without that VA loan, we would have been struggling for many more years in order to save enough to buy a house.

I always love to hear good news, especially in the morning!!! Thanks for sharing this.

Way To Go Jamie:bravo:!!! WFEN