Feeling Accomplished

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Travis and I got the gutters done, no small feat lemme tell you. It's literally been years since they were touched. I had trees growing in them in some places. omg And it was tricky for most of them too as the only way to reach was by getting up on the roof itself........and even then Travis had to use an old broom handle. I just did my section and prayed he wouldn't fall.

Got the trash pile cleaned up and organized and everything bagged up. Now that was a nitemare all by itself. When we were cleaning......it just sort of got tossed out to get it outta the way.

We got Rowdy's kennel cleaned up but can't do the straw until it dries out some.

I am exhausted. Dinner is in the crockpot.

Got the new furnace filter in place too! Now......I'm sort of worried to death about how old my furnace is........old enough I've never in my life seen one like it. wow

Got to run Travis out to see if the eye place or jewelry counter at wallie world can do the screw on his ear piece of his glasses........both of us can't see well enough to do it. lol

Once the dishes from dinner are done, I am soooooooo done for the day. :faint:

Malika

Sounds as if it was a therapeutic "clear out". I'm glad that things seem to be falling into place, bit by bit.

KTMom91

Sounds like you and Travis had a "big, busy day," as Miss KT used to say. Glad you got so much accomplished.

T

TeDo

I am so VERY proud of you. You have gotten up and got going. Plug away a little at a time. I am so happy to hear the positive energy is still working.

BUT....... I do envy the ambition. I have NONE. When you're done using it would you send it my way? pppppplllllleeeeaaaasssseeee?!?

LittleDudesMom

Awesome handy work! I always feel so accomplished when I get that kind of thing done!

Now a word from our sponsor - just a bit of advise from someone in the biz - keeping your gutters cleaned out is huge - you wouldn't believe the money it takes to repair water seepage issues (both in the house and on the exterior) because of clogged gutters.

And, if you can swing the bucks, if you haven't had someone service your furnace in a while, it's a good idea to have someone (reputable) come and do a "furnace check" I have a really old furnace as well and I have someone come in every other year in the fall and just do a check - just to make sure everything is working correctly and there are no harmful fumes/gases being released in the house.

Hope you had a restful sleep!

Sharon

DammitJanet

I dont have gutters...TG...But my dads house did and they were a pain to keep cleaned out. Something we tended to go up and do for him on a yearly or every other yearly basis since his wifes sons would only do it if he paid them. Argh. Once Jamie moved up there he swooped down there every year and just kept that stuff up for him. My dad got some stuff to put over the gutters to help keep them easier to not get as yucky. I think you can put like this screening over them so that rain can get through but not all the leaves and trash which makes it easier for you to just take a power hose and wash the leaves and gunk off without as much work. My dad had a tall two story house and he really didnt like us climbing around up there...lol. Scared him when his grandsons were dangling off the side of his house...lmao.

buddy

I dont have to deal with that now because I rent but I owned for ten years and we put gutter caps on ours. it really made a difference. I also purchased one of those plans to care for the furnace, airconditioner, dishwasher...appliance plans through our energy company. My A/C went out and I remember thinking it would be a huge problem, this guy figured it out and after hours of work, no charge. Sometimes there is a fee, depending on the parts needed, but in our plan all labor was included. They did a furnace and a/c check for free yearly. It was NOT expensive to be a part of the plan. And it paid for itself in ONE situation per year.

Great job, even the tiniest of things for me gets me out of a funk....ten minutes to clean three toilets and I can do more, just need to start. I dont know why that is for me, I procrastinate on many things, but once started I am beast. It is just really an effort to start. I did have a frontal lobe concussion as a child...hmmmm????? I have wondered about adult adhd-inattentive type..... two of my sisters have it, clearly it doesn't interfere with my life, i was a great student but did my school work the same way, disorganized, waiting till the last minute, staying up all night to get things done...blah. I am better as an adult but it still happens.

You did a TON of work, that is really cool. Travis sounds like such a great guy. Hope this is the beginning of an upswing for you! All my luv, Buddy

lovemysons

Lisa,
I am simply amazed at your strength during this very difficult time. You really did get ALOT accomplished and certainly should feel proud of yourself and relieved.

Thinking of you,
Hugs,
LMS

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Getting started is a big deal for me too, especially on huge projects. Seems like every project around the house is huge right now. House is no where near done inside, almost done outside. But inside it's cleaner in areas than it has been in years and maintaining it with just me and Travis isn't too hard. Outside there is still the patio.........I ran out of room for trash, not actual garbage but old toys of the grands ect which are pretty bulky items. I did spot one or two items I may wash up and donate to the folks who fix up bikes, scooters, and riding toys for xmas. I've got to find out if they're doing it this year or not for sure.

And I discovered, much to my disgust, that <acronym title="Dear Husband">husband</acronym> no longer had the single trash can out there with lord only knows what in it....garbage, dog doo, dirt, leaves, weeds.....you name it (heavier than solid lead) there are now 2 more out there. omg I didn't know how I was going to manage to empy the one to get rid of it.......let alone 3. Although the other 2 don't look quite as bad.

I also got the flower beds weeded out except one small area. Ground was soft from rain a few days ago......and it being fall most of the plants were dead and dying.

I am stiff and a little sore today. lol I was in bed by 10:30 pm, something I rarely do, asleep by 11:00. Up this morning at 7am.

Travis has always been a huge help to me, and I rarely have trouble getting him to help. <acronym title="Dear Husband">husband</acronym> would nag him to death or take breaks to the point that Travis was doing all the work, so Travis never liked to help him with anything. Me? I'm doing as much work or more than he is, so it's no big deal.

Now that I've seen the furnace with my own eyes......soon as the bank acct is in my name it's getting inspected. Nichole has been talking about it for 2 months already. lol The filter was unbelievably filthy....and I'm pretty sure it's been about 3 yrs since it was last changed. omg <acronym title="Dear Husband">husband</acronym> was the king of procrastination.

I'd like to stain the front porch before bad weather hits, but I'm not sure I'm going to have the time. Nichole has already volunteered for that job as helper.

It's odd but getting control over the house and yard.........is helping me to get regain control over my life as well. Probably for the first time since the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). I had school to focus on for 4 yrs that helped regain function in many other areas to a certain degree.......and now this is helping in others.

Doing the yard reminded me I have a old fashion (but new) push mower that only requires man power. I need to order the sharpener kit and it's good to go. So as long as I keep up with the yard next year, I won't have to worry about the pull cord on a standard gas mower. And I'll get a heck of a work out each time I mow the grass. lol (really it's actually easier than a gas mower)

My car is fully tuned up and exhaust is repaired. Once the bank acct is in my name I'm going for new tires. Then it will be good as new, which says alot since it's almost 12 yrs old. :)

Rain will determine if today I work inside or out. If it doesn't rain.....I'll let Darrin come down after school to "pay me back" for the 5.00 I loaned him over the summer at a yard sale and help in the yard pulling weeds and sweeping leaves off the patio. If it does rain.......it's tidy back up the downstairs and start again on the master bedroom and attic. I still have winter clothing to find. ugh

According to <acronym title="Perfect Child">easy child</acronym>'s scale I've lost about 10lbs.....maybe more. Found that odd because I had thought I'd put on weight. lol It can keep it up......I need about 35 more gone at least. lmao

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:bigsmile:

Lisa, I know how the get-up-and-go thing is. Once I'm moving... I keep going till I collapse.

Honestly, you've done more in the last little bit than you imagined you could, when you started. Sweet feeling, isn't it? Sore, but because stuff got done?!