Feeling Better and Looking Forward

LauraH

At my husband's suggestion I slept on the couch last night with the TV on. Rather than keeping me awake, the TV actually helped me to fall asleep. I woke up with a slight headache from my head being too elevated but otherwise felt better than I have the last few mornings.

Unless something happens to prevent it, i will be attending my local Nar-Anon chapter this evening, and really looking forward to that.

I've also been putting off changing my will, which was drawn up when my son was my only next of kin. I'll be drawing up a new one with the help of Legal Aid leaving everything to my husband. If my husband dies first everything will go to my son...but my niece will have custodial power over deciding what he gets and when. There isn't much to leave behind, but I do have an IRA and some stocks currently worth around $10,000 and the last thing I want is for my son to get his hands on that much money. It would be gone within a week and he would have nothing to show for it. My niece is stable, trustworthy, and has a good head on her shoulders. She will disburse whatever to my son wisely. She's compassionate and caring, but she's also a tough cookie who's not easily manipulated. She'll know what the right thing to do is at any given moment.