First day of HS

slsh

member since 1999
and I'm sitting here crying like a baby.:sad:

Can't figure out if it's because he's my first to go to a "real" HS, or my last boy, or what. But I cried all the way home and even called husband when the panic attack hit halfway here. :9-07tears:

I'm *so* proud of him. He's turned into a pretty doggone decent young man, albeit a tad lazy and scattered. Not much typical teen in him. Did have to remind him to shave, brush teeth, and comb hair (will that *ever* end???). ;)

Of course, he came down in his pants and I realized in horror that they are not cotton or cotton blend. First day of school and we've already violated dress code. Will have to take him back for another fun-filled day of shopping (NOT!). So maybe him being scattered isn't entirely his fault, LOL.

Sniffle.... my baby Weeburt. Time has gone so fast. He is of course completely oblivious - not nervous, just bummed that school is starting "already".

Mattsmom277

Awww ... I think its lovely that you have emotion watching your baby growing up!

Good luck to him on his venture, he sounds like a great kid. And you sound like a rightly-so proud mom!

LittleDudesMom

:9-07tears: Awww Sue,

I hope his day goes well. It's just natural when our kids begin those new phases. We can cry together - easy child starts college tomorrow. Pass the tissues to Sue and Sharon!!

Update us this afternoon and let us know how his first day of highschool went!

Hugs,
Sharon

DammitJanet

Awww...it is a big milestone. I think you hit it on the head because he is the first one to go to real HS. He will be the first one you really see walk. God willing! Knock on wood...lmao.

Just wait till Diva hits HS. You wont be able to drive home!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sue, little weeburt in high school. Sweetie I'd be crying too.

Hope today is a bit less emotional - you can enjoy your pride in weeburt.