For fun worst commercial ever

Triedntrue

I have 3 anything with the burger king in the mask.
The ones where the little bladder follows the lady around and keeps making her go to the bathroom.
Also progressive ones that feature Jamie.

Pink Elephant

Fun thread, Tired Mama! :)

I just HATE... Febreze (Karl's Room)!

Another I HATE is from Pampers, where they claim that baby can wear the same diaper for 12 hours! Feel so sorry for babies today.

Leave this one with me, because I'm going to be back with more!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The Progressive ones bug me: both the ones with Jamie, and the one with the "man cave" turning white.

Any of the screeching "made for TV' commercials, especially with thank you whatsisname, and the old ones with the guy who died of a cocaine overdose (dark hair and beard).

The "skittlespox" commercial. (ick)

BusynMember

All prescription drug commercials. I don't think that should even be allowed.

I dislike the Geico commercials "what's surprising, what isn't" more than Progressive, although those are also horrible. Flo in my opinion is as annoying as Jamie.

I'm sure I will think of more later :)

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
The "skittlespox" commercial. (ick)
Agree GN, that is one of the all time creepiest!!!

There's one for some kind of squirt gum where the guy has a squid and the girl squishes the ink out of it all over the guys hand then licks it. So gross!

Kyleena birth control commercials where the women make horrible looking faces when they think they forgot their pills and realize they don't need the pill.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't like the prescription drug advertising either. I picked up a magazine in my psychiatrist's waiting room the other day. It was basically a "living with mental illness" sort of thing. It was 90% drug advertisements.

One page of bright, shiny, how wonderful the stuff would make your life, and one page of tiny, tightly spaced, medicalese.

Now, I can read and understand the medicalese, but most people can't, or don't bother. All they see is the bright and shiny.

Right now, on the cable stations I watch, I am being bombarded with diabetes drug adverts. "Ask your doctor about...". A lot of these medications have deadly side effects and interactions, as well as being horribly expensive.

Many of them are no more effective than older cheaper drugs. Same goes with cholesterol/triglyceride drugs. With cholesterol drugs, the older statins are no more or less effective than the new, expensive ones, and most are safer.

BusynMember

Oh!!! Ditto on the Skittles Pox commercial where the girl pulls a Skittles off a greasy looking guy's face and eats it. Really not appetizing!!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Agree GN, that is one of the all time creepiest!!!

There's one for some kind of squirt gum where the guy has a squid and the girl squishes the ink out of it all over the guys hand then licks it. So gross!

Kyleena birth control commercials where the women make horrible looking faces when they think they forgot their pills and realize they don't need the pill.

I hate to tell you what we called the fluid-filled gums when they first came out in the 70's...

Yes, that birth control commercial annoys the crap out of me, too. I've forgotten the occasional antibiotic in my time, but I'll tell you what, I NEVER forgot my birth control pills (and my condoms...even when young I knew that the pills didn't prevent STDs).

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Fun thread, Tired Mama! :)

I just HATE... Febreze (Karl's Room)!

The one with the giant, dirty, sweat socks? Annoys the snot out of me. I'd rather the dirty socks. If I walked into a room that had been hosed down with Febreze, I'd choke to death: I'm allergic to the fabric spray.

Also allergic to the cat litter made with it.

Most of the anti-odor commercials annoy me (within reason). Americans have this ridiculous fear of smells (and tastes) we want everything to smell like flowers or pine trees or cookies, and our food either bland or burning hot. No real complex flavors.

My latest annoyances are all the commercials for substances to spray in the toilet before you go to cover up the odor of your poo. Heaven forfend someone know you are an animal, too, and like all animals, you excrete.

Someone gave me a bottle of one of the earlier sprays (flower scented) and for *ahem* and giggles, I gave it a try. Trust me, the overpowering scent of honeysuckle is more of a giveaway than any "bathroom" odor could possibly be.

Nomad

Staff member
Sexy woman talking about ED
That skittles pox commercial is gross!
Agree...don’t care for prescription drug commercials.

BusynMember

On the prescription drug commercials, I am outraged that any prescription drugs can be advertised anywhere but in the U.S. what else is new?

No wonder we are so over medicated here. Most of the commercials are listing all the side effects while joyous people run in a meadow or play fetch with a dog. It's insane. I mute those commercials. I don't read magazines anymore...just online stuff. Avoid those commercials then. Just horrible to be advertising something most people don't understand. And of course they push the drugs that are brand new and more expensive than just as effective or more effective generic drugs. Grrrrrr!!

On Febreeze, I like how it smells but it only seems to last a few minutes. Then the stinky socks are back lol. The commercial doesn't bother me....I thought those commercials were kind of funny until I got too used to them. i just don't think it's true. I like scented candles much more. I have had one bottle of Febreeze for about a year!

Triedntrue

I agree with all of these especially skittles and thought of a couple more.
Lady pretending to be stomach problems and drags her lady away from various scenarious. I cant think what the disease is at the moment.
The scent ones in the guest bathroom

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Lady pretending to be stomach problems and drags her lady away from various scenarious. I cant think what the disease is at the moment.

Are you thinking of the little "bladder" constantly dragging the woman off to the bathroom? It's a commercial for some sort of irritable bladder/incontinence medication. I tried one of the older ones and couldn't tolerate it. The one advertised has some scary side effects.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yes. I remember Shamwow! Actually, while the product was way overpriced, the material is really good. You can buy "miracle towels" made of the same stuff all over the place now...at a fair price.

I have a couple of them for dealing with major spills and wet cats.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
All prescription drug commercials. I don't think that should even be allowed.

I dislike the Geico commercials "what's surprising, what isn't" more than Progressive, although those are also horrible. Flo in my opinion is as annoying as Jamie.

I'm sure I will think of more later :)
We don’t allow prescription drug commercials in Canada I like that too SWOT

BusynMember

The guy who did the commercials got into some sort of trouble. I don't remember details for sure, but it may have been him assaulting his girlfriend after she bit his nipple. Don't hold me to this! I know it was something really odd.