From addiction to healthy, clean Marine

lovemyson1

Hello good people! Just wanted to let you know my son finished boot camp and is now a United States Marine! He graduated as a Private First Class! 5 years ago when my nightmare began, I would've never guessed that this miracle would take place. I was hopeless when I found this wonderful site. My tears of pain have transformed into tears of joy! He's happy, healthy, new Marine brothers for friends, even paid all his debt off and saving money for a new car and home some day. He's home with us for a 10 day leave and I thank God every single day for breaking his chains of addiction! Never give up on your children, as long as they're breathing there's hope. My heart is overwhelmed with gratitude! I'll never forget the help & support I received here, thank you all!

BusynMember

Bad behavior can keep you out of the military. You cant test positive for even pot once you are in. The military considers joining them a privelege and will check all records, even expunged. They have sccess to it. Heck, a DUI can keep you out of the military now.

They are picky now. They have high standards of conduct. You can Google it up online. Thats what I did.

lovemyson1

I read your story, great outcome. Was your son still able to get into the marines after jail time, theft charges?
He sure was! Which is not the usual. He got everything dropped bc he served his time and changed his life at Victory Outreach men's home. He had written statements and referrals. People really believe in him! Also, his recruiter did some rule bending bc he believed in him so much. I honestly believe it's the power of prayer & God's plan that worked itself out. Truly grateful for this miracle!

lovemyson1

Bad behavior can keep you out of the military. You cant test positive for even pot once you are in. The military considers joining them a privelege and will check all records, even expunged. They have sccess to it. Heck, a DUI can keep you out of the military now.

They are picky now. They have high standards of conduct. You can Google it up online. Thats what I did.
You're absolutely right! We were stressing even to the last week. His past almost kept him from getting in. However, with God all things are possible. He's been clean for 602 days and has no desire to ever go back to that life! He's a new man and loves his career as a Marine! I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.

lovemyson1

I just love your beautiful story and your brave and wonderful son. I too believe that God is the answer. So many hugs to you and your son!
Thank you Somewhere, you are so kind! I'm happy to hug my son for you.. he leaves for infantry school in 5 days. Hugs to you and your husband too!

:bravo:I am very, very happy for you...and your son. A counselor at a rehab my son attended told us that for some reason with heroin, the magic mark is 18 months. At that point the chance for relapse goes from where it stays in the high 80's, lower 90's even up to that point to the upper 20's, lower thirty % range when they reach that 18 month point. He said they didn't know why. It seems that your son is there. He's young and that he is recovering now is a wonderful thing. The military seems to be a New Beginning for your son. I wish you both the best and continued success for a lifetime of recovery. Congratulations to your son for accomplishing boot camp too. I saw Private Benjamin and GI Jane (among others) and boot camp is no joke...especially in the Marines. :) Blessings!

lovemyson1

:bravo:I am very, very happy for you...and your son. A counselor at a rehab my son attended told us that for some reason with heroin, the magic mark is 18 months. At that point the chance for relapse goes from where it stays in the high 80's, lower 90's even up to that point to the upper 20's, lower thirty % range when they reach that 18 month point. He said they didn't know why. It seems that your son is there. He's young and that he is recovering now is a wonderful thing. The military seems to be a New Beginning for your son. I wish you both the best and continued success for a lifetime of recovery. Congratulations to your son for accomplishing boot camp too. I saw Private Benjamin and GI Jane (among others) and boot camp is no joke...especially in the Marines. :) Blessings!

Thank you for the encouraging information 2times! I can't believe how wonderful he's doing! He's so happy now and just sent me a picture of his credit report showing that he's debt free! So many good things happening to him since he cleaned up his life! He has new friends and a new zest for life! He loves his Marine life too! Thank you for your well wishes and I hope and pray for all of our children who face the horrific depths of addiction to find the grace of recovery!