Hi! Dreamer sent me the following asking me to post for her:

"Hi. I am worried about Big Bad Kitty on conductdisorders. I live in
north central IL near wis border and we got SLAMMED today with some very
extreme weather. and she is more southerly..and I heard they got
slammed even worse. I was wondering if you could maybe post a post on
watercooler, seeing if the people near chicago could check in as to
whether they are OK tonite? Maybe you could let them know I am
OK.......underwater mostly, between 2 rivers, but OK."

Glad to hear Dreamer's ok! Can you all check in and let us know that everyone's fine?

Thanks!
Beth

judi

I live near Peoria, IL and we were on the southern edge of the storm. Near Galesburg (heavy damage yesterday), there were reported 100mph winds.

K

Kjs

I live in South Wisconsin (border) and work in Illinois. We had some awful flooding in my county. Garage and back yard under water. I work in Illinois, things are ok in my area....just so much rain.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
husband said it was one of the worst storms he had seen in awhile, I finally just talked to him and he lives in downtown Chicago, they had a Tornado warning and he had to leave his apt. Which is right by Soldier Filed. A police car was smashed from falling debris from the building across the street. He said about 10:30 pm they called off the tornado watch. He had to drive into Indiana this morning, to check on his grandparents, most of the power was still out. 2 trees fell over at his Moms house, his Grandparents are fine and they just got power back on. I guess another storm is coming at you guy's!!!

I hope everyone is fine!!!

Hi guys,

Thanks for checking on us! The storm was a bad one. What trees were not damaged from the wind were split by lightning. Power went out, and that meant no air. We waited it out as long as we could, but eventually we had to go get a room, because I could not breathe. Lots of schools are closed today, still about a half a million homes with no power.

The light show was spectacular though.

F

flutterbee

My mother arrived in Chicago yesterday...she's working a booth at the gem and jewelry show at the Convention Center (I think). The woman who owns the business (booth, whatever you want to call it) couldn't make it in last night...her flight was cancelled because of the weather in Chicago. I haven't talked to my mom yet today to see if she made it yet or not. My mom's flight made it in about 10 minutes ahead of the first storm.