Good monday morning

Hi Everyone,

Can't believe I'm here sooooooooo early this a.m.! Today is going to be cool and rainy. I have a few errands to do, laundry, cleaning, etc... NOT FUN but a good day to do these things...

I have to drop difficult child 2 off at the library after lunch. He is spending the afternoon with his life coach. She is going to be working on safety skills, public transportation, making purchases at Wal-Mart, etc... Progress is very SLOW... However, all of the constant repetition is beginning to pay off. His life coach told me that as soon as he finished making a purchase last week, he said he had to check his receipt because his mother taught him to always do this:D.

Well, got to get another cup of coffee - Won't survive the day without it, lol...

As always, hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or smile... SFR

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

SFR- It sounds like we have a similar day. I'm glad that difficult child 2 is catching these skills. You're a great mom. :)

I'll be puttering and cleaning and running errands and have one appointment today. Let's hope it's an easy day. :thumbsup:

Have a great day! :salute:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

SFR-Great news that difficult child checked his receipt!!:) Enjoy that coffee!

We arrived home very late last night-after midnight and I only slept 2 hours before it was time for boot camp! We had a great time in Michigan:) We were at the beach a couple of times, at my sister in law's pool, cookouts-just a good time-difficult child had his moments but that goes without saying-much of the time he did well.

This morning easy child/difficult child takes her driver's test again. Cross your fingers that third time is a charm!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
SFR, I wish I had hired a life coach for my difficult child! We tried to have one of her counselors work on life skills, but she had other ideas, oh well. Good for you! Good for difficult child!

TM, I hope your day is as you wish, easy.

Sharon, the beach sounds great, glad you enjoyed your time away! Good luck to easy child/difficult child!

Back in the office today. I visited my Mom in PA this weekend, easy child came with me. It was a great day out on Saturday - lunch, got Mom a new hairdo, and enjoyed dinner with my sister and her family. Couldn't have asked for a nicer visit with Mom (I still cry a little when it's time to leave her at the nursing home though).

difficult child is on week two at her new job, furiously still searching for something else. easy child is to begin her new fall schedule at the daycare/nursery school this week. I think regular schools open on Wednesday this week, wow.

Enjoy the day all!

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

A quick greeting this morning, it's late and tomorrow is a busy day.

Today - supervised difficult child 3's work then got him to practice-drive me to my appointment (getting fitted with partial prosthesis and associated new bras). difficult child 3 said guiltily, "I know we had an election on Saturday but I'm so out of touch - who won?" and I had to say, "Neither. We don't know yet who will be the leader of our country. It's a mess."
And it still is - a hung parliament.

I've been flirting with paid market research, online surveys etc today and beginning to wonder if I've made a HUGE mistake... I keep getting asked to register for this site and that, but actually finding surveys to fill in seems impossible. A site says, "Join here to get paid to complete surveys!" but when I do, and I get the email tat says, "click on this link to complete your registration," I do so and it leads me to another site I have to join. And so on, and so on. I think tne count is up to about 40 now...

Tomorrow we go in to the school, difficult child 3 has an English lesson and I hopefully get the chance to talk through some issues (such as the claim I've been doing his assignments for him). I'm not happy with this teacher, who now seems to want to pretend none of it happened.

After that - drama class. With some shopping in between. Hopefully I can get some sleep in the meantime!

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I've been flirting with paid market research, online surveys etc today and beginning to wonder if I've made a HUGE mistake... I keep getting asked to register for this site and that, but actually finding surveys to fill in seems impossible. A site says, "Join here to get paid to complete surveys!" but when I do, and I get the email tat says, "click on this link to complete your registration," I do so and it leads me to another site I have to join. And so on, and so on. I think tne count is up to about 40 now...

Be careful, Marg. I once did the same and found my INBOX jammed with junk mail daily! And only ONE survey that I signed up for which comes weekly. After a few weeks, there was no money, so I tried to unsubscribe and that never went through. I continue to received unsolicited mail and supposed surveys. Ugh, big waste of my time and energy. I also once signed up to become a secret shopper, but was met with the same circumstances.