Good morning Friday

Marguerite

G'day, people. Also, welcome to new members. This is a way we can greet each other wherever we are around the world.

We're just about to head down to mother in law's. I've got a moussaka sitting in her fridge waiting to go in the oven, it really should be in baking already. It's just on sunset, husband just got home form work and is loading his locomotive into the car to take down to the train track tomorrow, to test it out. It's been two to three years' work, rebuilding the little thing.

We've got a busy weekend coming up. husband is playing trains tomorrow, I've got an important meeting and writing workshop happening. Then on Sunday it's back down to the train track for the public running day.

Tomorrow night we have booked tickets to a local fundraising dinner. I will be glad to not have to cook tomorrow night, after the meeting.

Meanwhile mother in law's bathroom is now in pieces. I'm not sure, the handyman might still be there working. He's actually my BFF's son who is between jobs, but does good work on bathrooms (for a sound engineer!). We might end up inviting him to dinner if he's still working. He's Greek, so moussaka might be welcome.

The weather is still cool in the evenings and warm in the day. Not too hot at the moment, we had some high cloud today. Clear skies tomorrow, and ever warmer.

Enjoy your Friday. The weekend looms!

Marg

SuZir

Good Morning! (well, more like noon around here)

Marg, your weekend plans sound fun. I'm looking for a lazy weekend by myself. husband will be away visiting his brother and helping with putting his boat ready for winter. And easy child had a break from school this week and has been junior national development program camp/tournament for his sport and won't be back before Sunday. So I have the house all for myself. Love it!

Weather forecast promise us an awesome weekend weather. Just now we are having our first snow for the winter and during the weekend it should be sunny and between 10 to 20 F so just an awesome weather for hiking and other outdoor activities. That is also my plan, take my dogs and camera and go to hike both days. And for the evenings I'm planning to watch few chick flicks from Netflix. I just have to remember to get the candies, chicken wings and wine with that.

Really looking forward this weekend.

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Marg and all to follow!

Wow, how long has it been since we have a good morning post on general? Used to have one every single day!

Sounds like a busy weekend you have planned there Marg, but filled with good stuff. We are back to spring and summer weather here in the mid-atlantic -- 86 on Wed, 84 yesterday...but changes are looming.

Everyone here is talking about Obama's campaign stop in our city yesterday and Sandy's eventual landfall. On my list today is to have difficult child pull out the storm box before he goes to school, then I will go through it later and get anything additional I need and then spend some time making sure the outside of the house is "battened down"!

Not much else on the schedule for today - tomorrow my cousin is back in town from a movie shoot so we'll probably take a nice drive out to our favorite farmer's market and maybe grab some lunch. difficult child and his best friend are working a huge party Sat night and I'll be taking them to work around 7:45 with pick up around 2 am! But, an old friend is coming over at 8 to visit/catch up/gab -- hopefully we'll talk for hours and pick up time won't seem so bad!

Enjoy your Friday and your weekend. :flirtysmile3:

Sharon

TerryJ2

Welcome back, Marg! I saw a couple of notes the other day but hadn't seen you in a while.

I am finishing up tiles for a gallery an hr and a half away, which I will drop off tomorrow, weather permitting.
I'm also finishing up a painting for a show this evening. If it's not finished, I'll just bring others I have. It's a two wk show at a restaurant in a nearby city.
I have to drop them off around 3, then hang around for the opening from 6-8. I tried to talk difficult child into going with-me but he'd rather stay home and mope, since his girlfriend is going to her father's house this weekend, in another city.
Halloween costume party tonight, after the art opening. Not in the mood for it, frankly. Don't know what I'll wear.
Hurricane watch. Have to get gas for the car, more batteries for flashlights, a few canned goods.
Little Dude's Mom, I'm in your corner!

T

TeDo

Take care Terry and all those to my south. It sounds like this could be a "record-setter" according to our radio stations. I hope and pray you all stay safe.

As for our plans, the boys have schoolwork. We have to meet my sister for lunch in the middle of it. Then at 3:30 the boys are off to work at an area haunted house for the evening, getting home around midnight. Somewhere in there I need to get my yard done (it's hauled away for us on Monday) before it rains & snows again on Saturday. I work the weekend so today, with all the other madness, is the only day I have to do it and I have to do it alone. I am NOT looking forward to doung yardwork when the temp is only in the 30's and the windchill (yes they are broadcasting windchills already) is only in the high 20's.

Marg, how on earth does a train fit in your car??? I thought you shared pictures last year sometime of husband giving people rides in train cars so in my head, I see those traincars and what I'm picturing now "does not compute".

Have a wonderful day everyone. It sounds like most of you, so far at least, are going to at least have sunshine. After a 5 days of gloom, I WANT SOME SUN!

HopeRemains

Happy Friday, ladies and gents. Looking to be a good enough day. We were supposed to go to difficult child's school for a Halloween party tonight, but his behavior hasn't allowed for us to go. =( I'm not sure if he will get past that easily or if it will lead to issues tonight. I guess time will tell, *fingers crossed*.

Cute quote of the morning:
easy child: "Can we go trick or treating today?"
Me: "No, Halloween is on October 31st and I can't change that."
easy child: *pouty face" "Why? Did Obama say that?!"

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Afternoon (late afternoon at that but there is no way with-bootcamp so early I can get on line),

Marg-Your weekend does sound busy. Enjoy:)

SuZir-A weekend to yourself-what a bonus!!!!!

LDM-Sounds like you have lovely plans for the weekend! Stay safe when that storm hits!

Terry-You also sound incredibly busy this weekend especially tonight. Stay safe with the storm coming!

TeDo-Sending sunny thoughts your way
:sunny:

HopeRemains-Thanks for the laugh-very cute!

Buddy-Hope your day was a great one
!

We had a quiet day at work today with no students. In a bit husband, difficult child and I are going to see a movie! Take care all!

Marguerite

A last note (it's now Saturday morning) - the train in the car boot is a miniature live steam train. Yes, people can have rides, but they straddle the carriages and the driver sits just behind the tender of the steam engine. The loco is about 4' long and can pull three to five carriages each carrying three to four adults, or five children. Google "miniature live steam" and "wollongong".