Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, everyone.

We finally had rain today. Not a lot, mostly it was sunny with rain materialising over the coast and blowing in. I got caught out in it this afternoon but didn't bother to change. Instead, I just stayed damp (and comfortably cool) until I dried.

I dropped in to visit difficult child 3's friend's family, talked to the mum about whether she's noticed the same odd speech 'interruption' in her son (he's also autistic). Yes, she has. Couldn't talk much though, his dad didn't want it discussed (very much in denial) and I couldn't talk about Concerta with her because her parents were there and don't know the boy is being medicated.

We had enough rain to water the garden. We WERE going to go for a swim, but the rain put me off - I don't mind swimming in the rain, but I DO mind getting wet sand everywhere. The seas are incredibly high at the moment, even dangerously high in our little estuary. We watched a surfing carnival on the news - rather them than me. Professionals only.

Tomorrow is our local artists' open day, I'm also hoping my attempted visitor from last week may visit. Probably not with the high seas, though. They keep stopping the boat, we only get people who are driving in to see us and not by boat at the moment. Last week's broken rudder was repaired, but apparently when they tied the boat up to the wharf this morning it felt like it was trying to pull the wharf to pieces. I've seen it damaged before, in high seas.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

houseofcards

Good morning Marg, I love to here your descriptions of Australia...hope I get to visit there some day. Are you feeling better?

I am up early to get out of the house, spending the day with my mom and sisters, it should be fun. I need the down time.

Wishing you all a peaceful day with smiles. Kathie

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Glad you got some rain. Sorry you couldn't make it to the beach as I know how much you enjoy it (just like me!) but I understand about the wet sand-yuck! I hope your friend is able to visit soon.

That one point in my back is still hurting-it feels like a knot or a kink but every time I move my neck or turn fast it hurts and pulls at that point. The worst is when I'm lying down so I didn't get as much sleep as I needed.

It's warm here this morning-36 degrees! They are expecting rain the next few day along with a lot of melting and are expecting some flooding-oh the joy!

I'm off to work in a bit (ww) and then I think our small staff may go out to lunch today but I'll get to come home for a couple of hours first.

Later, after a nap it will be time to hit the club :smile: I'll have to try and do weights today seeing as I only did cardio yesterday due to my back.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day! :flower:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Marg- I think I saw something about foamy seas on the other side of the country, maybe Brisbane? Surfers were coming out of the water all sudded up! Glad you got a little rain. :princess:
Kathie- I hope you enjoy your day. We all need a little down time now and then. :lipstick:
Sharon- I hope your back is better soon. Mine has bothered me for over a week. I think it was a virus because it is way different than my usual back pain. Feel better and enjoy lunch! :treadmill:
Duckie has dance today, during which time husband will set up the PS2 so she can practice for a few weeks before her party. She'd be horribly embarrassed if she were the worst player at her own party. :rolleyes:
She did something cute this morning: she made Mom & Dad breakfast thing morning. She said that it was for all the meals we had made her over the years! :rofl:
Have a great day! :thumb:

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good Saturday Morning All!

I'm in great need of my hmj this morning for some reason :bloodshot:

Marg, I love watching the sea when it's rough - it beautiful power :thumb:.

Kathie, have a great time with your mom and sisters :shopping:

Sharon, hope you have a good morning at work. I know you are on your final countdown before returning to work - get those naps in the next two days :sleeping:

Got difficult child a new cpu yesterday and I even was got bonehead :hammer: to pay for it!

difficult child will be putting his presentation board together for his science experiement. It is due on Tuesday and everything is ready. All he has to do is glue it. It may take him awhile since he is really specific about how he wants things arranged. I'll give him the gluestick, photographes, scissors, all his typed results, and colored paper to mount his typed stuff and pictures on, and leave him to create!!!

My cousin and I will be watching the Skins play their wildcard game tonight :fan: and cooking a light home-made version of kungpoa (think I brutalized the spelling of that) chicken. I will be making a brocoli, cranraisin, walnut, and red onion salad to serve on the side. My mom served it on Christmas and easy child and I loved it. I figured out a way to remove the fat from the dressing :sushi:.

Other than that, it's a quiet day. easy child is getting beautiful right now - she has her music playing and the insense burning! She is going to visit her boyfriend today :flower:.

I'm wishing everyone a slow and relaxing Saturday :its_all_good:

Sharon

Marguerite

TM, Brisbane is north of us, it's just above the border of NSW (our state) and into Queensland. It's east coast as well. The whole east coast is storm-tossed, with storm surge really bad. To the north of Australia they are getting cyclones, looks like packs of them forming. Not very high category, but a few banding together, and with a lot of water to cross in and out, they keep strengthening then slamming back into the land again.

Looking at the weather map tonight, it looks like tight isobars and low pressure systems from the Top End right down to Melbourne, swinging from north via east to the south. A little moisture in it for us down in Sydney, but torrential downpours further north causing flooding.

As they say, it never rains but it pours. It's never truer but in Australia!

In the south and west, they're getting the extreme heat and fires. They had their floods LAST month.

Sometimes I figure, this is a crazy country to try to live in. But then I go back to the beach and look at the sea...

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone,

I'm so glad is Saturday - I've been sick all week and just want to dig into getting my house clean and organized, put away all the decorations, etc.

difficult child is coming out with me today and she's going to hit up some places for work. She doesn't know yet!

Think I'll have another cup of joe and head off to the bank~

Nice day everyone~

tammyjh

Good morning

We're starting to warm up here and should be out of the teens and see some melting snow today :thumb:

Have a good one!! :smile: