Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

I thought I'd begin the thread now, so I can get to bed when we get back from cooking dinner at mother in law's. We're going to cook butter chicken with coconut cream, and with the leftover coconut cream and some bananas, I'll make some muffins we can eat hot form the oven for dessert.

We had a challenging day today. Hospital again - I'm not quite halfway through my treatment and getting nausea now. I'm taking Stemetil, it seems to help. I had to see the registrar today and the guy I saw was fairly clueless, I felt. he kept insisting my chest pain on Sunday was heart, and why hadn't anyone done an ECG? Well, his colleague who saw me on Monday didn't order one (and she could have) and she had her reasons. Blood tests have been done and so far nobody has rung to say, "Wow! your results are bad!" so I'm thinking they're OK. So he was so focussed on possible heart trouble, I don't think he was listening when I mentioned the other stuff.

Oh, well. I see the doctor each week after treatment each day, and I can ask to see the doctor any other day too if I need to.

So we were late getting difficult child 3 to school. He was whining all the way about the early start, but he has to go to these lessons in order to catch up. So he was already irritable, then picked a very public fight with me just as his teacher turned up for the first lesson. She said he did manage to work quite well for her, and even the next teacher (who we filled in on the problem) managed to get good work out of him. By this time difficult child 3 had calmed down and all the problems were forgotten. But we've nagged - he has to get to bed earlier tonight.

He has some urgent assessment tasks to do, and needs me home while he does them; difficult, with these daily treks (an hour each way) for treatment. But these lessons have been preparing him for the work, so we're getting there.

On the way home today we stopped at a sale and bought him some much-needed winter gear. He bought himself another computer game toy; this is the lad who wants to save up for a new easy child laptop. I think Hades will be getting very cold before that easy child gets bought!

Tomorrow I think we're taking mother in law shopping. Hopefully I'll be home in enough time to get difficult child 3 working on his assessment tasks. Wish me luck!

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-It does sound like an exhausting and challenging day. I'm sorry the doctor wasn't really hearing what you were trying to say. Sounds like difficult child was able to pull himself back together but sorry he chose a public argument. I have to laugh about your difficult child saving for that lap top because my difficult child is the same way with things-he says he is going to save for something but then as soon as he has even a dollar saved it's burning a hole through his pocket!!

The last full day of school for students is today. Tomorrow morning they come for only a couple hours and then staff finishes out the day. easy child/difficult child has her last two finals today and no school tomorrow so I'm sure she will be happy tonight.

No appointments are scheduled after school today-I may actually get to the health club:exercisebike: which is much needed after the past few days of eating and no workouts:morecrackers:

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Little Friday Morning!

Marg, hope the doctor can shed some light on your chest pain when you next see him. Sorry difficult child 3 was being a, well, difficult child.....glad he settled and got his work done. Since you say he is behind, hopefully this will be a lesson for him to keep on task so he won't have to do this in the future. Hope tomorrow is a little smoother.

Sharon, counting down the minutes huh? I bet you can just feel those daily naps?! Have fun.

I've a busy day today but, not sure I would have it any other way! I actually like the days I have lots on my plate - but certainly enjoy a weekend day to chill afterwards!

Hope your Thursday is a good one.

Sharon

crazymama30

Morning all!

Today will be a busy day. I have an appointment, several phone calls to make, and have to go get difficult child's records from current psychiatrist and take them for a potential psychiatrist to review and make an appointment for me to meet with him.

Rain Rain go away! Hope everyone has a good day.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all.
Marguerite, what a busy day. I know all about young difficult child's who spend their money on things that do seem practical or particularly useful. difficult child is getting better but unfortunately his total inability to grasp quantity is a huge drawback. Hope you get to bed early yourself.

with-O I can hear the relief at your not having anything on your plate so you can go to the health club. Enjoy.

LDM, I like busy days if I am actually able to get something accomplished. I seem to have interruption after interruption to the point of feeling frustrated. How was lunch with mom yesterday?

We are getting ready to batten down the hatches with an extreme heat rise. I'm running out to do errands now before it gets too hot. Have a good day.

change

Good Morning Everyone,

Marg...I really hope you feel better soon!! Everyone else, I hope your busy days/appts/ go well...last day of school goes smoothly, psychiatrist stuff is a stressful as can be, and that the pending weekend offers some relief.

I am about to get ready for my crazy mid-day summer workout. Trying to decide if I will run in the mid-day Texas heat or go to he gym. I have already called the hospital to check on difficult child daughter and ket a message for the doctor. The doctor never calls me back but at least I try. Tomorrow my husband and I are leaving for a getaway that was planned long ago so hopefully they're not discharging her until at least Monday. We're going to the Texas Hill Country to ride on a ranch. :)

I can't wait. I'm tired of feeling sad about what my daughter won't be.

Have a GREAT THURSDAY EVERYONE!!!!!!

hugs