Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

I got a job today. Only a short-term freelance piece work job, and only some work for today, but I won't say no to a bit of pin money. It kept me a bit preoccupied while difficult child 3 was finishing off some schoolwork, but they're OKO with what I've done so far. I've got a bit of fine-tuning to do before I email the final documents to 'the boss" tonight.

husband has finished work for today, for the week, for the month. His break begins tomorrow. We've got some running around to do, including trying to get a belated b'day present for easy child (hope she's not lurking). What I was going to get, was out of stock. mother in law is coming too, she's got some official paperwork to complete before we go away. She needs us to ferry her around so she can get things done.

difficult child 3's schoolwork - they're accepting his proposed photo-diary of the trip as a cross-curriculum assignment. That plus the work we've got stockpiled should satisfy academic requirements.

difficult child 3 found our missing camera today, so now we have two for the trip - a good thing, he can take his own photos without waiting for us to hand over the camera.

It's getting exciting - four more sleeps before we fly to New Zealand!

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marguerite-It's always nice to make a bit of extra money especially right before a trip! I bet the photo diary will be really cool! Enjoy the birthday present shopping!

I was so tired last night I was asleep befoe 9:00. My body just felt exhausted which is what the end of the school year always does to teachers. ALso teaching all day in a non air conditioned room in high humidty doesn't help. I also had gotten in a workout with weights and cardio yesterday so I'm sure that contributed.

Tonight easy child has her choir concert. Don't know yet if husband or I will be taking her. Today she gets to shadow a student at the high school she'll be attending next year-she is very excited to be going!

Enjoy your day-find reasons to laugh-hi to anyone who snuck in. :flower:

smallworld

Good morning everyone!

Marg, your trip sounds so exciting. I bet you all are getting so anxious to leave.

Sharon, sounds like you needed the rest last night. I saw one of easy child/difficult child 2's teachers yesterday afternoon, and she said, "Counting down -- can't wait until school is out." I imagine you're feeling the same way this time of year.

Tonight difficult child 1 has his "moving up" ceremony to mark leaving middle school and going on to high school. Of course, we still don't know if he's definitely returning to this school in the fall. He's really struggling with his final assignments. If he gets two Ds, the school (private) won't invite him back. I've decided not to stress about it until we know the answer. If we have to make other arrangements, we can find another school over the summer.

We went to a welcome picnic at easy child/difficult child 2's new school last night. It seems she'll have a nice group of girls in her 7th grade class. Everyone was so warm and friendly. easy child/difficult child 2 seems excited to be going there.

Not much on my agenda for today, except for a doctor's appointment followed by a little shopping. easy child/difficult child 2 needs new bathings suits. She leaves for overnight camp in just three weeks.

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi to anyone who snuck in.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, you're sounding more & more excited about your trip. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Sharon, glad you got a good night's sleep.

It's supposed to be a quiet day; no appointments, the rain is supposed to stop (not going to hold my breath) & I have the day (since it's raining) to get these 2 pieces of music down before lessons today.

kt's up & showered ready for the bus.

"Hi" if you snuck in - enjoy your day.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all,

Working today after a hectic day yesterday - found easy child a good car, bought it and had to do the whole DMV thing (what a nightmare that was), got lost for over an hour...came home to difficult child in spasms of pain from her accident so rushed her to the chiro. Also, I received news late yesterday that difficult child may have to graduate in August, after summer school. Not happy about that at all. Just very messy day, glad it is behind me.

Today will prove to be a little bit easier. difficult child is working later, I am vacuuming our pool for the very first time! A little tired today as I didn't get much rest last night with H's RLS keeping me up. I'm going to try and be methodical and take it slow. I'm trying to give more energy to things I can be grateful for today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

tiredmommy

Good morning Marg, Sharon, Smallworld, Linda & Jo. :coffee:
I'd reply to each of you except that I have a pounding headache building. Plus, I'm not feeling too pleasant, lol! It was over 75 degrees in here overnight, there was a cat fight, and a hairball on my sofa slipcover. Meaning I had to run the slipcover through my malfunctioning washer and get it hotter in here by running the dryer. husband so didn't help by pointing out that I'd be scrubbing cushions if we had gotten the new sofa I've wanted for a while now. Grrr. :devil: Plus husband isn't sure when he'll be getting the AC up & running! :grrr:
Have a better day than I'm having. :hammer:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Morning all! I hope everyone has a good day today, stay cool and enjoy getting ready for your trips!!!

Today is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL here!!! Of course difficult child isn't all too happy as he starts summer school on Monday :rofl: but that's his own fault. I was so excited because there were no appointments scheduled for today and I didn't have to be anywhere near the school this afternoon. (It's a madhouse at the end of the day normally....on the last day of school??? It's h-e-l-l for two hours after school gets out. The traffic, shaving cream fights....ugh.) Then I got a postcard reminder in the mail a few days ago from the dentist. Yup....difficult child has an appointment today (near the school of course) and it's at a time that I have to pick him up early. The school does finals by class periods and he has one scheduled for the last class today. Fortunately though he got it done yesterday due to getting extra time for tests. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing by to pick him up and be there early enough that I can avoid any of the last day shenanigans.