Good News for easy child

Jody

My easy child leaves for college in Indiana in less than a month. We were 5899.00 short on her tuition. We went for a school visit last month and I needed to have a heart to heart with her about this money. She didn't seemed to be concerned at all. She's going to a christian college and is a lot stronger in faith than I am. She shut me off and said mom, I am not going to worry about it because God has taken care of it. She wouldn't discuss this with me and I didn't go any further, but I thought well little girl you will be home crying the blues in about 2 months when the bill is due. Yesterday I called to see what was going to happen and they told me she looked like she had a surplus of 722.00 for books. A farmer/businessman in the area that chooses a student at her college chose her and gave her a 28,000.00 scholarship. 7.000.00 per year. The college faculty really know this person and said he is just a great guy and graduated from there. I just started bawling, I still can start bawling at the drop of a hat. It's so nice to cry from happiness than from depression. I don't have a lot of people to share this with so I thought I would share it with all of you!!!!!!! There is some sun behind the cloudy days.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
That is SO awesome! Proof positive that there are still some really great peoplee left in the world.

No where near 28k, but a few years ago, Wee was into Lincoln Logs, and I posted on a free trade site asking if anyone had any to get rid of cheap. A man replied to it and asked us to pick a set from an online store and he would purchase it for Wee. It was something he did every year, just to help out.

We had already been given a set by some kids who didn't want them anymore, so I asked him to pick another person, but I was still really touched.

Hugs.

Jody

Shari, that was really cool that he did that. There are really selfless and kind people out there. I used to love lincoln logs, my brother and I played with them endlessly.

thank you heart&roses, Esther and DDD it really is amazing, I am still in just shock of the whole thing that someone just gifted her with this. I am so excited for her. She really has been thru a lot and works very hard to be a good daughter, christian, friend, sister. It doesn't mean she deserves for someone to give her their hard earned money but it is very much appreciated and it has helped her greatly.

KTMom91

Awesome! And so exciting for her to be going away to college. Miss KT will be leaving in 13 days, also for a Christian college.

Mattsmom277

That is amazing! I'm so happy for your daughter. Something tells me a young lady given a gift like that will value it. Who knows what she will do with this education!
Thank you for sharing :)

svengandhi

That is AWESOME! I so know the feeling. My daughter was going to have to attend a public commuter college instead of the state college she wanted to go to because we couldn't afford to send her away. Two days before she had to make her final decision, we learned that she had been selected for a scholarship based on her volunteer work with autistic children. She had an amazing year and is looking forward to going back.

The unexpected generosity of the group that awarded her the scholarship has made me so grateful. I try in my little way to give back - I run two food drives a year in my town, donate old clothing, give blood and the like, but I have no money to spare at this time.

Congrats again. It's not to hear about good people.