Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

It's going to be much more Fall like in temps today, a high of only 62. It actually sounds really nice to me. I really enjoyed the warmer temps but the lower ones sound nice too!

It's back to work today and after work difficult child has another in home appointment.

My back is feeling much better and I made it to the health club yesterday. I took it easy on the weights and didn't do anything that involved my back (which was a lot).Then I just rode the bike. I'm hoping to get back tonight.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day with some fun sprinkled in.:ghost:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, keeping fingers crossed that your back continues to improve.

Like Sharon, our temps dropped drastically here yesterday ~ that along with thunder storms made for an exciting afternoon.

In home therapist due in today - other than that my calendar is wide open for the rest of the week.

Wasn't entirely happy with the results of my tests from neuro doctor yesterday (neither was he); more are being ordered. Sigh. As long as I can paint (& I'm back working on piano bit by bit).

If I didn't know better I'd say it's not healthy to have tweedles in your life. My mama taught me better though.:bigsmile::angel2:

LittleDudesMom

:pumpkin: Good Morning Sharon and all to follow!

Sharon, I wish I could say that our temps were "fall-like". We are having our usual central virginia fall warm spell - we will be close to 90 today through thursday - but they promise fall temps back on Friday! Glad you are pampering your back. Take care.

Hey guys, I have to tell you that I have been so very busy lately that it has preventing me from being real active on the board. I try to check in every morning, post on the morning thread, then do some post reading. However, it's a far cry from the several times a day I usually get on. Sorry that I haven't been around as much and hope to rectify that situation shortly!

My aunt and uncle are in town (my cousin's parents and the uncle that had the 5X bipass this summer). I gave bonehead all the mail last night to take to the office so that I could spend the day with family. I'm going to run to the gym and swim some laps right after dropping off difficult child. I've been excersising reglarly, but the last three weeks have been tough food wise..........

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday :peaceful:

Sharon

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Linda,

seems we were posting about the same time. When you get a chance and you feel you can share, I would love to get a health update. Keep that positive attitude and the bold brush strokes!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

Sharon/WO, I'm glad your back is feeling better. You did well at the gym, to be able to exercise and not aggravate it. Enjoy the cooler weather.

Linda, I hope your test results give you happier answers. I'm glad you're still painting, and getting back to the piano.

Sharon/LDM, I have noticed you not around so much. Enjoy your family visit.

We had a cool day today too, with some rain (at last). husband had a day off and took advantage of the rain to clean the gutters. He always says it's the best time to do the gutters - the rain helps clean up.

Today difficult child 3's school TV program includes senior poetry; today's included a Walt Whitman poem and I was thinking of you guys.

We had a surprise visit from easy child 2/difficult child 2 and BF2, they had emailed to let us know but sent it to husband's work address so we didn't get the message until five minutes before they turned up! We grabbed the chance to help sort out some wedding plans for them. We have an appointment next week to meet with caterers in the city, under the Harbour Bridge.

We've had a quiet evening after the kids left. easy child 2/difficult child 2 has college tonight, she needed to drop BF2 home at their flat then get back to her class. So it was just us three - difficult child 1 has Tuesday nights with girlfriend's family.

Tomorrow should be another quiet day at home, until it's time to head out for difficult child 3's drama class. We've got a big backlog of shopping, plus difficult child 3 is desperate to get to the shops and spend some of the cash he earned dog-sitting in the holidays. So I have a strong incentive to give him, to get some work done in the morning!

Wish me luck with it.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. It seems time is going by so quickly. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

Sharon, hope you enjoy your autumn temps. Glad the back is feeling better. Too bad it's a back to work day. Nice to have an extra day off.

Linda, good for you for painting and playing piano. Sorry about the tests. You have been in a rough patch healthwise, haven't you?

LDM, enjoy your family. Glad bonehead can carry mail in for you. It's something isn't it?

Marguerite, how nice to have a surprise visit with daughter and boyfriend. Wedding plans are exciting though aren't they? Sounds like husband was productive on his extra day off.

It's lovely weather here. Warm but with cool air. I have enjoyed being outside in the sunshine. A light jacket in the morning and the evenings make it feel cozy.

Keep your fingers crossed, difficult child got an interview for a job. I have kept my promise to myself to not be too involved unless asked. Quiet cueing alternating with louder redirection. :bigsmile:

We are still struggling with the hurricane damaged house. None of the 3 government agencies have come to the decision to raze or rebuild. So we sit in limbo with an unsafe house. Not much chance of getting an answer soon. Frustrating.

easy child will be home for a visit in a few weeks. I think the newness of independent living is wearing off. Although to give him his due, he has not asked for money and has not complained.

The puppies are bumping my arms as I type. Guess they are ready for breakfast. Have a good day everyone.

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Wiped Out - I am glad you back is feeling better. Enjoy your day.

Timer - Sorry to hear about the neuro results. I am glad you can still paint. Have a great day.

Little Dude's Mom - I hope life settles down for you real quick. Enjoy famly time. Have a fun day.

Marg - I am glad you got the rain we were forcast for. Nice to have the kids visit. I hope the weather is beautiful for you big day tomorrow. Have a relaxing day tomorrow.

Fran - I am glad you are enjoying nice weather. It is frustrating about your house. Enjoy a great day.

I am looking foward to Thursday - the next day I can sleep in. Today I get to do one of my favorite tasks at work so that will help. I am down for 4 hours but will most likely work 6. Tomorrow is 3.5 hours then off for a long weekend again. Love the time off but my job suffers when I am not there.

difficult child went to the kids gathering last night so we got home late. Tonight is parent teacher league. I believe I will have two extra boys after school. I will make them supper before the meeting starts.

Everyone have a great Tuesday! Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Yes, Fran, I've been pretty down & out since July of 2007. It's getting pretty tiresome to be real honest, while I try to maintain a positive attitude about things.

The underlying disease has finally been diagnosis'd yesterday (I thought it was over 2 weeks ago at Mayo ~ wrong again). I'm sleeping today ~ just need to avoid talking about it until I get a grip on things. See the positives & the possiblities, not just the negatives.

by the way, you'd all appreciate me telling the neuro doctor he's a big liar after he told me that I'm walking like a drunken sailor. Drunken sailors do not have my boobs & he knows it! :)

Thanks for asking, Fran & Sharon & all of you who've supported me over the past year.

Pookybear66

Good day all!
You all sound like you will have fairly quiet days so enjoy.
You also sound so energetic and athletic. Keep it up-maybe you will encourage me someday. I am NOT athletic at all!

I have some straightening up and housework to take care of-we let it slide since the weekend was so beautiful weather-wise. Plus we had DS's project and went to get pumpkins. I'm so not looking forward to it, but it's something that REALLY needs to get done so I will have to find a way to complete it somehow.

Hope everyone has a smurfy day!