Got this Text from difficult child while she was at work last night

busywend

"OMG..I was just running re-shops and saw this BRAT being mean to her mom..lol I don't know if I was that bad when I was 15...but good lord if I was, I apologize. Lmao! Love you Mommy =)"

How cool is that??!! She is now seeing it in others! And even went through the thought process of 'was I like that?'

AWESOME!!!

P

PatriotsGirl

That is too funny!!! My difficult child says she will NEVER have children because she just knows she will have a hellion just like her. She knows how horrible she is to us, don't know why she continues to be that way. :(

donna723

Don't ya love it!!!

When my daughter was pregnant, she prayed for a boy! She said she was hoping for a boy because she remembered what she was like as a teenager and she had no desire to have to go through that herself! So now she has a 13 month old boy with such a temper that he screams at her and tries to hit her hand with his spoon when she tries to get him to hold it right side up instead of with the 'business end' pointing up at the ceiling! It's HIS way or the highway!

And secretly, I'm kinda enjoying it ... ;)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Has to bring a tear of pride to your eye ~ it does to mine. I love when the real world hits up against our little wonders. You have got to be proud, busy.

busywend

We spoke about it last night. She said it disgusted her. She wanted to tell the girl to stop treating her mom that way.

I think it hit her hard because she made the connection to herself. She saw herself in that girl and did not like it.

Maturity has sure done wonders for my difficult child. She is much more self aware and capable of evaluating before she is awful to anyone.

I am VERY proud. Of her. And me. We did come a long way from what we were dealing with at 8 & 9 years of age. We survived and still love each other. It does amaze me because I NEVER thought we could be where we are today.

She will be my Maid of Honor at my wedding in a few months. She isn't thrilled with getting a step father, or wearing a dress. But, she is doing it for me. Which I am also proud of. She is putting her wants and needs on the back burner for her loving mom. She is going to make it! Again, I can not believe I can say that, but she is!!!

Marg's Man

I'm surprised Marg didn't mention this; shows how tired she is I guess.

We're seeing something similar in difficult child 1. He is using his "life experience" to help us out with difficult child 3. He has said a couple of times in my hearing that he looks at difficult child 3 and knows he was that 'bad' and thanks us for not giving up on him!

Last weekend easy child 1 told difficult child 3 off for disrespecting me. I appreciated it although I could say NOTHING without inflaming the situation and difficult child 3 seemed to take it from her and calm down.

It's taken years, and will take (probably) another ten years with difficult child 3 before it all settles properly but we are now seeing the benefits of our (but mainly Marg's) efforts.

Marg's Man