got tooth pulled...OWIE!

DammitJanet

Got my tooth pulled this morning. It was the back one that has been bothering me since the beginning of summer. Dentist was a really nice lady who numbed me up really well when I told her I had trouble with getting numb. She used some new stuff that I hadnt had before. Tasted yucky but it really did the job of numbing me up much quicker and better than before.

She said I was a really good patient! I didnt flinch or yell...lol.

It was a big tooth with big roots. Took a lot of wrangling to get it out. Now I am sore.

My poor mouth. I only have two grinder teeth on the top and bottom in my mouth now. Well..one on each side top and bottom for a total of four.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. The only thing comparable to tooth pain is ear pain. Both are enough to send me totally around the bend.

I am a total and complete baby about the dentist. I hate them! My dentist as a kid made a HUGE show of giving you that giant shot of novacaine. He never waited for it to work and he yelled at you if you had tears running down your face. I even saw his SLAP a kid once. His hands shook and he messed up your gums pretty fiercely with that drill. I even bit him once for drilling into my CHEEK.

I now have to have the dentist send xanax or valium just to get me into the building. If the kids MUST go and husband cannot take them I will drop them off, pay, agree to whatever and LEAVE. They call me when they are done. Just that is really really hard.

I am sending lots and lots and LOTS of hugs and waves of healing and more waves of pain slurpcking energy to slurp all the pain away from you!

You are a braver woman than I!

Any chance you will be able to get dentures soon?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet -

Check out Sextons Dental Clinic in Florence SC - very reasonable - takes Medicaid.

Sends ice pack for booboo mouth. I know teeth extractions are painful.

Hugs

lmf64

I had one extracted last Thursday. Of course being a smoker I didn't listen to the warning not to smoke for at 2 hours. Bet me, got in the car and lit one. Well, I wound up back at the dentist yesterday for a suspected dry socket. Nope, I have an infection raging in the extraction site. I have an awful taste in my mouth and one side of my face is killing me. Oh and why can't I make my tongue leave the site alone? lol

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Next to childbirth, tooth pain is probably the worst thing I've ever experienced! I'm sorry you had to lose the tooth, Janet. Hope you're able to keep the others for a long time!