Happy Friday Morning!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Sleepyheads!

Either everyone is still sleeping or is up and getting ready for the 4th!

No camp for difficult child today due to the holiday weekend. Not sure what is on the agenda today. If the sun ever decides to shine I might go to the pool. Then at 5:30 we get to pick up easy child for the weekend. We had a great conversation the other day (posted in wc) and so I'm really looking forward to seeing her.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

therese005us

Good morning everyone! Yes, I'm sleepy and intend to go to bed soon, when I've folded the washing, swept the floor and picked up the toys!
The three cherubs went home this afternoon, until next Wednesday. I hope they survive! I can hardly believe I have survived!
Today I was up early, and it was definitely Friday! Just when I thought I could sneak out for the outside work, bubby woke up, and little Man had his eyes open too. My daughter got up and started the outside work for me, while I changed and dressed the little ones. The porridge was already cooked, so by the time I had fed bubby, Little Man was ready for his. Then he joined daughter outside. Little Cherub was soon up and showered as well. It helps when they wake in stages. I know I wouldn't be so relaxed if school was in session, and DS had to get to work!
In the meantime, my dear neighbour rang to say he was available to help do a little fencing today, so I invited him to come on over.
When he arrived, we had a walk and decided which part of the fence we would try to fix up. You see, we lost all our boundary fences in the flood last Novembe,r and I'm still trying to recover. I have six cows due to calve, and they need to be moved closer to the house in case I need to attend to them urgently. I had to go out and get some petrol for the tractor then. When I returned, we tried to get the tractor started, no go! A bad connection with the battery or something, so I attempted to get it out withmy 4WD, but got bogged int he road (that awful road again). The road assistance people said they wanted $120 to pull me out, it goes on.... Lunch, playtime, sleeps for the bubby and DD12 was a real trouper and tried to keep focussed with her schoolwork. The day whizzed by, and the wind dried all my washing in quick time. DS even took the washing off, without being asked.
No music practise happened, but tomorrow is another day.
We got the children home by 5.30pm, bought Fish and Chips for tea and visited a friend on the way home.
We're in for the weekend, except if there is a chance of daughter having a meeting with a virtuoso violinist from the Paris Conservatorium tomorrow sometime. We were to have gone today, but because the car got bogged, we couldn't make it.
Oh, did I mention I made a cake as well?
Plans for tomorrow - well, maybe I'll sleep in till 6.30am - or not! I do have to cremate two goats, and put 6 roosters in the freezer, but other than that, it should be a relaxing day.
Have a lovely Friday everyone.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, I'll check out with-c ~ hope your day turns out lovely.
therese, what kind of cake & can I bring coffee?

I'm up, moving slowly & trying to decide if there's anything I've missed for planning my day. Nothing on the schedule. I'm hoping to find something nearby & inexpensive to do for the holiday with ktbug.

There's a huge sale (80% off) on some of the plants I'd like to plant on the east side of my home ~ kt, PCA & I are heading out to pick up plants & plant them. I think we'll do s'more later in the fire pit.

Have a good one.

therese005us

Apricot fruit cake - yes, bring your coffee, and one for me too. I remember fondly an iced coffee I had at Starbucks once, it was really creamy.....
Enjoy your planting. I'm looking forward to planning my new garden at Bluebell Cottage...

Marguerite

Trish - cremating goats?

We used to eat ours...

Sharon/WO, Ihope you have good weather for the pool and holiday weekend.

Linda, I hope you can get some good plant bargains. Enjoy the s'mores.

We just got back from easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding rehearsal dinner (where we choose the menu). I was hoping to get home a bit earilier, it's Saturday already and I have to be up and out early in the morning. I have to get more blood taken before the pathologist shuts, I have an afternoon meeting to go to and a frieind who is carpooling with me may need to also get her daughter to hockey by 10 am - I promised to take them, friend's car engine blew up yesterday.

I'm hoping to catnap in between hockey and the meeting. Also somewhere I have an overdue DVD with fines accruing, and I haven't even had time to look for it. So if I don't hand it in tomorrow, it will be Monday before I can take it back.

Oh well...

Enjoy your Friday, everyone. Mine got very hectic very suddenly.

Marg