Happy Monday!

AppleCori

How is your Monday going?

Anyone have any problems with the ice storm?

Some unknown person ran over our mailbox in the night (can see the tracks in the yard near the road) and someone else ran into the back of step-son's truck, which we should have pulled down farther, but didn't. It's old, though, and I don't think there was any damage.

It was a skating rink out there till about 9-10ish, but seems to be above freezing and some of the ice has melted and rain has washed it away. Some big chunks out there, though.

They canceled daughter's dance class for tonight, though I'm not sure why. Seems OK, at least right now. Maybe worsening conditions after dark? Not sure, will need to check weather.

Got the heat turned up a little higher this morning, and put a deer roast in the crock pot, so the house is toasty and smelling good.

How is everyone doing today?

Wiped Out

Staff member
We are having some ice here. We already had off work for MLK Day but many who didn't closed. Our side roads are glare ice, however, the main roads seem fine right now. I did cancel difficult child's psychiatrist appointment because I didn't want to risk driving across town with the ice. Kind of ironic, in the past I would never have canceled a psychiatrist appointment for him and then we went once a month. Now we haven't seen his psychiatrist in over a year and I canceled.

The good news here is that the Packers won yesterday!!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
It was a slow drive in for me this morning. Salt trucks were out but it was still a sheet of ice. It has been raining here all day, still very slick out there. Walking across the parking lot was a challenge. I was reminded to walk like a Penguin.

Hope everyone is safe out there.

The deer roast sounds yummy!!

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
We have nothing but rain in Chicago. Husband working from home and says our backyard is flooded from the ground being frozen and then getting pounded by rain.

I'm at work and it's quiet and pretty dark out but otherwise life is good!

TheWalrus

I Am The Walrus
No ice here but nonstop rain and cold. Just miserable - hate this kind of weather. Not bad for a Monday but the workday has been long and boring. I will take that over stressful any day of the week. ;)

BusynMember

Icy weather
warnings.
On the way to vet with cat to anyway. I had off today, which doesn't happen much. I asked for part time but working a lot. Hubby home sick. Nothin exciting. Peaceful though.

karisma

I live in AZ (she said sheepishly), no ice here. Just good weather we will pay for in July. Happy Monday to the board. I've been reading a lot lately. Thank you all for being here.