Having a hard time articulating this...

tiredmommy

Thank you everyone. FWIW, I was petty. Very, very petty. My birthday was last weekend and my husband went out of his way to be an insufferable pig toward me. So, I went to the party and decided it was more than okay for me to spend $132.50 on some pretty jewelry that I liked. I told the hostess when I arrived that I had good news and bad news: The bad news is that my husband ruined my birthday; the good news is that she gets to benefit from it.

:rofl:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Aaah, yes! Jewelry is always a good revenge! I've done that before... went with my mom to a jeweler's holiday open house on a day I was really, really mad at husband. :winks: I felt MUCH better walking out of that shop with my treasures in hand, and I still smile whenever I wear those pieces.

Gotta make time for your own life, or the demands of the world will drain life out of you. Hang in there! ((((Hugs))))

When my difficult children were young and at their absolute difficult child "best," I had more birthdays then I want to remember, where husband would leave a card on the kitchen table on his way out the door, while I was busy getting breakfast for screaming toddlers. I was furious. I buried my emotions with the help of chocolate and exercise. I'm so glad you and your husband are on the same page and are going to talk!!

Way To Go on buying yourself something pretty at that party!! I hope each time you wear it, it makes you feel like the beautiful, special person you are... SFR

Fran

Former desparate mom
TM Life often is overwhelming to those who carry the weight of incredible responsibility on their shoulders. Balance is the best thing I can suggest. I'm a big believer in family helping family but you are part of the family too. I try to care for kids first, husband second and family third. In emergencies like intense illness(I'm sorry to hear M I L is terminal) the priorities get shuffled.
In the middle of all of that, I try to not feel taken for granted. If by perchance I'm not feeling the love, I hire help, delegate or just don't do it. Remember being a martyr is not the goal nor is it admirable in my humble opinion!
I'm glad you treated yourself to something nice.

It's good for kids to understand that sometimes they aren't the whole center of your world. Hope husband gets a knock upside his head and remembers who his partner in life is and appreciate you.