Help in being happy

Malika

Honestly I thought this is very good

On Why Oxytocin Matters

Oxytocin is a naturally occurring hormone in the brain. It is a learned response from birth and most likely beginning in utero. When the infant is upset the parent soothes the infant thereby teaching the oxytocin response. In time we learn to have the response during simple interactions like making eye contact, simple touching, sharing a hug or a laugh. Though it is natural, it must be taught. Children and adults who've experienced a lot of early stress and trauma typically have not learned to release it effectively or sufficiently, thereby finding themselves not as easily calmed or excited about sustained relationship as they might otherwise be. In the media and in the press it is referred to as the "love hormone." Though this is true, it really doesn't speak to why it's important. As both a hormone and a neurotransmitter, oxytocin has an even more impressive moniker, it is "the anti-stress" hormone. It is the essential hormone that permits us to enjoy life, be healthy, thrive, connect, feel calm, be in relationship, smile in response to a smile, or not frown in response to a frown.

Honestly, I've become obsessed with it. I think about it every day. I've created a website dedicated to it entirely (www.oxytocincentral.com). You could even say that I am in love with it. When I talk about it I get butterflies in my tummy. I go to sleep thinking about it and wake up seeking it. Let me put it simply and succinctly - Oxytocin makes love and relationship possible. Oxytocin makes love and relationship possible. Oxytocin makes love and relationship possible. If you want to improve your relationship with your child you must be creating an environment conducive to oxytocin. This is not an environment of shame, consequences, and feelings of hatred. This is only going to get you more of the same. It is rather, an environment of love, intimacy, acceptance and understanding. An environment where we lead not from a place of fear and dominance, but rather from patience and influence.
Read more below...

----------Advertisement--------
The Oxytocin book that started it all for Bryan
The Chemistry of Connection by Susan Kuchinskas.
When you make love, cuddle with a partner, hug your child, or have coffee with close friends, a powerful brain chemical called oxytocin floods your body with feelings of contentment and trust. This natural "love drug," produced by the hypothalamus, is responsible for human bonding attachment.
To read more, just click here.
-------------------------------------

And guess what, as long as I am being honest, I'm not always so patient with my children. I want them to want success. I want them to be driven. I want them to have money, cars, and fun, fun, fun! I want these things for them - my want, not theirs. Guess who needs to deal with it? Me, and I don't always want to. I'm not always feeling the oxytocin needed to be okay about where they are in any given moment. And guess what? That's okay too! I get to struggle. I get to grow. I get to seek more understanding. I get to work towards allowing oxytocin to work its miracles and magic in my own life. Either way, oxytocin is the answer. The question is, "How are you going to get it?" (hint: See paragraph one above) For more help on stimulating our oxytocin responses and have fun doing it, visit http://bbryanpost.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/10-reasons-to-have-sex-tonight/. Oxytocin is what matters.

Always Choose Love,
Download

Download