help

sunny70

I'm new to this, forgive me if I am not doing this correctly. I need support. I am having HUGE issues with the school.

sunny70

He is 11 years old ADHD and ODD. He goes to a charter school and is at home right now for disrespecting teachers. Just found out about IEP's. Now I need to know how to navigate in here!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Welcome... looking forward to getting to know you and your difficult child... sorry you had to find us!!!

Marguerite

I hope you're finding what you need. When you g et some time to catch your breath, stick around and fill us in. Collectively, we've been there. Read the book, saw the movie, bought the T-shirt.

Marg

BusynMember

Welcome. Maybe you should post on Special Education 101. Something to think about: An ADHD/ODD is often the first diagnosis when it is really something else, therefore the stims don't work. You may want to get a second opinion. If your child hasn't seen a Psychiatrist (with the MD) or neuropsychologist, I highly recommend both. Therapists without MD's aren't the greatest diagnosticians, in my opinion. Look at your family tree. Any mood disorders or substance abuse on either side of it? Any neurological/autism in the family? Suicide attempts? Glad you found us.