Hemp

BusynMember

Has anyone used hemp for a pet or themselves? I used it for my cat when she was sick and the vet was closed and it really settled her stomach.

I thought of hemp for anxiety so that maybe I could quit other medications. I am NOT interested in pot. Are there side effects?

Any thoughts?

Lil

Did you ever learn anything more? I know hemp, as a plant, has many uses, rope, cloth, etc. and supposedly the extracts (without THC) have some benefits, but I don't know much about it.

BusynMember

I tried it and felt norhing from it. So I will try it again and if it still does nothing I will say huuuumph to hemp but may still try it on my pets. Honestly, nothing!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
What you want is not hemp oil, but concentrated CBD from marijuana. This is the medicinal part of marijuana, where THC is the part that gets you high.

CBD is legal in all 50 states (at least for now). It doesn't get you high at all.

It can be helpful for anxiety, but I've been using it for a couple of years, and where I've found it helpful is for pain relief.

I don't tolerate THC, or pot at all well (it makes me crazy paranoid), and I can assure you that CBD does not have those effects, nor does it make me high in any way.

Be sure you order high quality CBD (it'll come in a hemp oil base, usually peppermint flavored) oil in capsules or liquid form.

Plain hemp oil is a good source of fatty acids and is a good skin oil, but it won't give you the effects you are looking for.

BusynMember

Thank you, GN. You were the one I figured would know aboit it :). Do you need a prescription? I just ordered Hemp off Amazon.

Last edited:

toughlovin

So I am coming back to this thread. I have plantar fascitiis and have tried everything and am now wearing a boot. I have had two people reacently tell me to try CBD.... so I just went and got some and am trying it. We shall see if it helps with the pain.

ksm

Wear the boot at night... When you sleep, your foot relaxes... Then when you stand in it, it stretches it out and hurts. I had a sleep boot orthotic, but anything that keeps your foot straight would help.