He's not a dropout????

chrisdog01

This is kind of funny. This weekend my husband, difficult child son, and myself were at my mom's visiting and having dinner. My mom's husband was talking to Nick about school. We hadn't told him that Nick dropped out of high school because he really worries about Nick. So I mentioned it to him. Nick said "I didn't drop out, I just stopped going." And then he further elaborated and said he "dis-enrolled".

So I guess I need to correct everyone and say he isn't a drop-out after all, he is just dis-enrolled.

Thank god we can find humor in all this!

Andy

Better change his description in your profile then.

See what I mean, difficult children would make awesome attorneys - the technical way they look at things. So detailed, so precise. They can make any bad situation look perfectly acceptable.

I would ask him if he actually went to the school office to officially dis-enroll.

:rofl:

donna723

Yeah, I love it too! Actually I've heard that term used before - when an insurance company was cancelling people's insurance policies, they called it being "dis-enrolled"!

I guess if you're ever fired from your job, you could refer to yourself as being "dis-employed"!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dis.en.rolled - \,dis-n-rol\ vt: Wanting or having desire to work as a burger flipper, floor mopper, with aspirations of residing in the lowest level of his parental domicle forever.

slsh

member since 1999
Thank you *so* much for posting this!!! I had to laugh, because I can so see thank you doing this. We're having yet another join-us-in-reality conversation this weekend because he is in great danger of being disenrolled by home SD (with my blessing). Absolutely no sense in paying for an education that thank you never shows up to get!

I will be very careful *not* to use the terminology "disenrolled". "Drop out" is how it is, whether it's a conscious thing or just not showing up. I'll be sure to let you know if thank you comes up with any interesting rationalizations, aside from his delusions of grandeur that he already knows all he needs to. He's also a master spin doctor. Sigh....

Stabie, my dear, I do believe I shall have to use your definition although residing in parental domecile is *completely* out of the question. I think I'll substitute "cardboard box". ;)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

I wonder........could he be feeling a wee bit guilty over dropping out? Or maybe beginning to regret the decision?