Hey you guys with Aspie kids, I found the perfect thing

DammitJanet

While looking up those quotes, I found a tee shirt that you might want to get them. I was really thinking about Buddy and what happened at the Library that day. Im pretty sure they may also have one on that site about Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) too but the Aspergers shirt would probably do the job just as well.

It says Aspergers and lists the symptoms and some good things too from what I can read on it. My eyes arent very good and I cant read the entire thing because the writing is fairly small on the shirt. Im inserting the link. http://www.cafepress.com/+asperger_facts_backprint_white_tshirt,109465181

TerryJ2

Interesting! This would be great for the author of the book I am reading: ASPERGER SYNDROME AND ANXIETY, by Nick Dubin.
He has Asperger's, plus he has a degree in psychology. He could wear it at booksignings.
I also think it may be good for some of those kids I've read about in the news, who get lost or get arrested.
But if I showed it to my son, he would *not* be happy wearing it. He does not want to be different.

DammitJanet

Maybe. Some folks might be fine with letting people know what they have and even like being able to funny shirts. They have them for all sorts of things. That was only one of the Aspie ones I saw. I am sure they have more. They have tons and tons of hilarious bipolar ones and if I had the money, I would own a closet full of them.

L

Liahona

I think people would be more willing to wear a shirt that is funny and/or focus on the positives.

And, I wish I could buy more too. Can't even buy my own shirts.

DammitJanet

Liahona...I LOVE the one about King of the school!

When Cory was little, young elementary school aged, he was asked some question and he answered it by saying "Of course I'm special, Im Cory, why wouldnt anyone want to be me?" I swear to God that that quote was in his mental health file on the front page under his name. Nobody could forget it...lol. It was hilarious because he was dead serious.

buddy

Janet that is so funny!

Since difficult child threw a fit when they read a book about a kid with Aspergers/Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) last week, I am thinking he wouldn't like it.

Would have been cool though if he did have something like that on to diffuse the situation at the library early on. But I suppose he would have to make that call since he is so sensitive about it lately.

I actually have met parents who have cards made up that they give out.... If you have questions about Autism visit www. whatever .com. I have thought of doing that for autism and brain injury.

I like them though, liked the one that said proud parent of a stroke survivor.

H

HaoZi

The Aspie shirt is cool, but the typo midway down bucks my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).

KTMom91

I want the one that says...

"No child left behind: an attempt to give everyone an IEP."

If you would like to hear my rant about NCLB and why it is hurting the children of America...