Hmmm... I think I smell a job.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband sent off his thankyou email this morning to the HR contact he met yesterday. He cc'd his friend at the company, and within minutes, the guy called and asked how the interviews went. Asked husband if he had any reservations before he went in to recommend that they hire him (!) :D

Then about two hours later the HR rep emailed husband back asking if he could come back on Friday to meet with the VP of HR. So looks like round two of the interviews is on, and maybe this is going to work out afterall.

Despite the drive, husband recognizes that this is a job, and we need him to have a job, and that it's not forever -- he can continue to look for better opportunities while he works from there. I'm sure they are out there!

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good thoughts! I'll update again on Friday.

DDD

Fingers crossed. I know it's not ideal but being employed puts him way ahead of thousands of others. Hugs. DDD

witzend

Hope it all works out. Be sure he doesn't mention the length of his drive in the interview! They'll smell someone who will be looking for work closer to home!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:9-07tears: patience is NOT my strong suit :9-07tears:

I'll try to be patient...

....still drinking in anticipatory celebration :D ...

Suz :wine:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Suz, if you can wait for RICHARD... I think that qualifies for patient. But if you merely need a reason to celebrate... Well, I'm only too happy to enable you. :bigsmile:

trinityroyal

Crossing fingers and toes, and doing the swivel-chair happy dance. (Well, actually, the swivel-chair happy dance happens every time I sit in a swivel chair. Ask an Aspie to sit still? HAH!)

This does indeed sound promising, and I hope the VP HR interview goes well.