been following your recent posts about your difficult child and sounds like your doing a great job. we're in similar situations. my difficult child was admitted to psychiatric hospital friday and we are thinking lithium too so I'll be interested to hear an update on how he responds. hugs

buddy

really zoo keeper? wow, and TeDo's little one too. He is home now thank heaven. Friday was a heck of a day for difficult child world.

Well, we had a good visit tonight. They decided that they are going to monitor him whenever he is with me. He had a rough day because it was the first real day of programming which meant another change so he was on RED all day of course. But they had told him if he had a good visit he could get off and watch a movie withthe kids (he never watches movies, but he wanted the option I think---doesn't like to be left out) So, he actually was talking to me and reminded me that he already told me he was gonna get over it in 5 days. I said that is great, we will discuss it tomorrow and that we will take his opinion into account and then mommy and the doctors and nurses will decide. I told him the doctor said I can take him horse back riding on thursday if he is well enough. And sunday they said maybe an overnight pass to see how it goes. then he will be back there for another half of a week the doctor says unless the medications dont go well. They did talk about him having a straight anti anxiety medication maybe as needed if he has a rage once he is at home. then we dont have to worry about the dependence etc. His heart check was good. He was having pulse fluxuations and BiPolar (BP) increases so they were worried. I said to make sure the catapres patches didn't actually come off and he just stuck them on himself...once they are wet and fall off then the medication doesn't work well. and he can have a major BiPolar (BP) spike which can cause as stroke. I asked the doctor to order the patches so they are sitting there if they fall off. he said sure he would do that and the extras will come home with us because they can't return a box once opened.

OK funny part... so they were watching us.... he was great talking to me for 5 minutes or so. then I didn't want to push it, wanted to reward that he did well and said ok I will go now and see you tomorrow. I asked if he wanted a hug. he said just a little one and he only wanted to do it...so he came up to me and put his hands on my shoulders and leaned in..then changed his mind and did a real hug. we opened the door and casually started to walk out and I looked up adn three nurses and the doctor were running toward us. My eyes got huge and they stopped and looked so confused. Then I pictured how that must have looked and I said ...oh sorry...fake out. they all started laughing and difficult child looked at me in his questioning way and said..."mom, do you think they thought I was gonna hurt you again?" I said, yeah...I think so. everyone laughed. He got off red and got to go to the movie.

T

TeDo

Good for him. That sounds so great. I REALLY do hope things keep progressing well for him. Enjoy the moments when you get them. Sometimes they are few and far between.