How can you do this to someone???

donna723

mstang, I agree with you 100% How can someone deliberately do something like this? How cruel and uncaring can you get!

I had to look to make sure this didn't happen here! There were several cases in the local news about children, some just babies, being forgotten and accidentally left on day care vans all day during the hottest part of the summer - most of them died as a result. In those cases it was pure negligence and not following procedures, but the ones responsible were prosecuted. But in this case, it sounds like the person knew he was still on the bus and just didn't care! That's so much worse. I hope they throw the book at them!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh........this person had better be so totally grateful I'm not a member of this person's family. I'd think prolonged violence before I bothered to press charges or sue the daylights out of the company that hired that person!

To heck with flogging. Too mild. How about public hanging instead. I'll bring the picnic lunch.:mad:

Ok Ok I know, I know..........Off to the corner. But it won't change my mind.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
#*@&#*$(@*#($*&$($#*(@&#($*$&%(#*%&$%(
and ($*@()$*$()%*%, ($*%$()%( and then $%(#&$*$%*(%!!!!!

off to my corner!
Just makes me so sad and sickened.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I noticed that the article said the bus driver wasn't being prosecuted. Maybe he DIDN'T know someone was on the bus but I would think that the drivers would have the sense to check for themselves before leaving the bus.

donna723

"Hockaday was aware Rivera was asleep on the bus, but did not inform the driver he was there, prosecutors allege in a criminal complaint. She didn't want to retrace the bus route and take Rivera home because she had to get to an appointment, the complaint said."

It sounds to me like the driver forgot to let him off at his house, and then the assistant didn't want to take the time to go back and take him home because it would make her late for her appointment ... so she said nothing and he spent the night in a freezing cold bus!

This is probably more a specially equipped van than it is a real full size school bus. How hard is it to take a quick look back, just to be absolutely sure that something like this doesn't happen!

Last edited:

meowbunny

It's one of the small buses. Apparently, the assistant will be prosecuted. The driver really didn't know anyone was still on board. I bet the driver checks the bus before he leaves it from now on.

I can't believe any human is that callous to just deliberately leave someone helpless like that. The poor victim curled up as much as he could with the seatbelt on. How cruel!

Star*

call 911........call 911
SOmething doesn't add up here -

THe pictures of those "busses" look like vans - I'm sorry - I don't care HOW large a BUS is - you can see to the back of it.

second - You have a brother and a son that lives with you - and has CP - he doesn't get off his bus at the appointed, daily, designated time. You don't report him missing or call the "bus" people within an hour?

Nope - going to have to take a pass on this one - (and not a bus pass either) something isn't being told her totally -

on either side.

Lothlorien

I say let all the parents of special needs kids who ride those busses have at it with the person. I don't think there would be much of her left within about a half hour. There would definitely be bloodshed. What a rotten thing to do. I'm surprised the kid didn't literally freeze to death. She should be tried for attempted murder.

You bring up some good points, Star. How come no one reported the boy missing?

trinityroyal

It's a horrible situation all around, but I'm with Star. We're not getting the full story somewhere.

If my disabled child didn't get off the bus I was expecting him to be on, I'd be shaking the trees like crazy trying to find out where he was and why he wasn't on the bus.

As for the transportation company, they are supposed to have protocols for this sort of thing. Double inspections, etc. The assistant should have reported that the child was still on the bus, the driver should have double checked, whoever parked the bus at the lot at the end of the run should have checked as well.

As for the consequences, I'm with Lisa and Loth. Let the parents have at it with the bus company people. I think there would be bloodshed.

This is so wrong.

Trinity

KTMom91

I have to agree with Star. We're not getting all the details. Even though it's obvious the assistant didn't do her job, why didn't the boy's family report him missing?

Ropefree

Banned
Unforgivable. Checking to see that all got off the bus is basic. Not prosecuting? How is that possible. Negligent endangerment of a minor child that resulted in death? What is so
extraordinary about looking into all the seats befor parking....and how would a driver "forget" to keep track of who got onto and off of their Special Education bus?