How could I be so silly?

Malika

Thanks, all. I appreciate your gladness at Pup's return.
Actually, the village was not mine but another one - though I am sure people here would have been just as kind and helpful in this situation. It's funny how things like this bring the best out in people.
Pup seems a little traumatised by her experience, very understandably. She follows me everywhere I go in the house and rushes to get out of the car with me, as though frightened I will leave her behind. I am sure she will forget, after a while. I am curious what she was eating, though... she doesn't look any thinner. Maybe the terrier genes came out and she was catching things?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You'll be surprised, I bet she never forgets........and she will always be over cautious not to lose sight of you when you're out and about with her. Which will be a good thing. Dogs have very long memories......much longer than people give them credit for. Not puppies per se, but grown dogs, yes.

I'm so very happy that your baby girl is back with you. Such a wonderful happy ending. :)

BusynMember

OMG! GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT news!!!!!!

Please, please...put a tag on her collar with her name, your name, address and phone number and even her vet's # to make sure she gets home faster in case this ever happens again.

Love, love, love this wonderful ending! :)

Malika

Great minds think alike, MWM - by the wonders of internet, I have ordered a little engraved medallion with our details on it.
I'm glad it has this ending too - for our sakes, of course, but also for Pup, who can be warm and comfortable rather than continuing her precarious existence outside. Perhaps it will make me more conscious of any stray-looking dogs I may see in future.

Malika

I had to look this word up, ravigote, as I didn't know it - if Pup did partake of vole head, it was probably not with a highly-seasoned sauce :)
She has probably never caught an animal in her life but you never know, the terrier genes could have come out. I suspect it is like my idea of Pup flying across moor and mountain to get to me, though... rather unrealistic. But who knows... she certainly survived.