How could I be so silly?

Malika

Squeeze duly given! Pup is definitely affected by her experience.. doesn't even want to go out by herself to do pipi. J is very soliticious and kind towards her, so tht is a good thing. I am sure she will relax in time :)

Malika

Thanks, Step, and everyone.
Pup doesn't want to eat anything and her nose is runny. I should take her to the vet, I think.

Malika

Oh dear, now she is vomiting up bright yellow stuff... Too late to take her to the vet tonight.
Seems to be stomach bile, either because her stomach is empty or because she has some stomach bug. She probably ate something not very desirable while out on her Great Adventure. I will take her to the vet tomorrow.

Last edited:

InsaneCdn

Maybe both of the above plus the stress.

Try offering her some plain steamed white rice. It absorbs the acid, is easy to digest...

Malika

I tried the white rice, but she didn't want any. Poor thing, she seems rather sick... taking short breaths, just lying down all the time.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
When you make the rice, you can boil it in chicken or beef broth to give it a decent flavor. (and her some extra nourishment) I could never get any of mine to do just plain rice. And even my vet says to do it in the broth.

Encourage as much water as you can especially if she is still throwing up.

Hope she's feeling better soon.

Hugs

Malika

Thanks, HD. That makes sense. When she came downstairs this morning she drank a lot of water and is definitely looking more perky. Nature works its wonders again.

Malika

Just to say that Pup's new engraved medallion came this morning, with her name and our address and tel. no. on it. So if she should ever get lost again, she will be easier to trace! Though actually, come to think of it, I probably should have put my mobile number on it...

Malika

Still a little ropey, thanks for asking, and I am just now taking her to the vet... couldn't make it yesterday 'cos of work and as she seemed better. But then I discovered she vomited again in the car! Perhaps she needs an antibiotic.

Malika

Yes, vet gave her a de-wormer, an acidopholus tablet and a tablet to stop vomiting. He checked her out thoroughly and said it's not serious - just something undesirable she ate. She's happy as I bought her little bits of beef to roll the medecine up in :)
PS When I think of how I used to laugh at my dog-owning friends for their anthropomorphic ways and now here I am with the best of them...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So glad it's just something she ate and not serious.

My Mom was always strange when it came to animals. She liked them from a distance as babies, in other words like to watch them, but didn't care for them at all as adults. Now she grew to like a couple of my dogs mostly because mine are always trained and well behaved..... But she'd go on and on about me not needing a dog (s) and why on earth would I want the extra work?? She just couldn't understand it.

That is until my sibs got her a puppy. I nearly fainted, then I got mad telling them it wasn't fair to the puppy. But sis was worried about Mom who was grieving the loss of her husband and coping with hip surgery and thought a companion was just what she needed. I told them they were crazy. But sis did most of the training....while Mom got to do the loving........The change in her was drastic. She'd call me up just to tell me some cute thing the pup did. All of our phone calls consisted of at least a couple of pup stories or she'd ask me how I did this or that.

Good grief, she bought him pet insurance, he got groomed every single week, his crate was decked out like a master suite because he *might* get cold and "lonely"........a blanket wasn't good enough, he had a doggie bed with blankets and somehow she taught him to let her TUCK HIM IN AT NIGHT! omg! :rofl:

And then she "got it". She asked me why I didn't tell her it was this wonderful to have a dog before.........and I said I did, mom, you weren't listening. LOL

Only problem was that Putsy (dogs name) was a giant Schnauzer and young and too strong for her to take out to potty or walks. He'd get excited and tangle the leash around her......which is dangerous for an elderly person. So she found him a fabulous family (took her months, she knows them and can visit) for him.

Then I found out a week ago that she's taken on my bro who was living with her giant Schnauzer AND oldest bro's ex girlfriend's Maltese!! Holy Moly! But both of the dogs are older and well trained, adore her (because she's super into spoiling them rotten) and it's working out wonderfully.

I think aliens possessed my Mom. Never in a million years would I have believed such a thing possible even 5 yrs ago. LOL

Malika

Glad to hear of your mother's conversion to the canine cause, lol. I feel I am a poor convert because I don't think I would get so attached to most dogs - only to Pup, who is saintly and very sweet :)