How is it difficult child's know exactly what to say to break you down

StressedM0mma

If any of you read earlier, I let my difficult child stay home because she was/is exhausted. We think from the Zoloft. But, when I left at 10:30 I asked her to come downstairs. I told her she could go back to sleep, but she didn't. So, when I got home this afternoon she has been in rare form. She has been snappy and snarky at me since I walked in. She has looked at me with that look of hatred I unfortunately know too well.
When I asked her a question, and I didn't hear her response I asked again, and she said "god I hate the sound of your voice. It is so screechy and annoying. Just be quiet." Nice. I love you too. And, then she curled up on the chair and fell asleep.

This is going to be a horrid horrid 2 weeks as we wean down the Zoloft. I am not sure I have the kind of strength that will be needed.

Methuselah

Stressed, I understand. Remember, it is the Zoloft speaking to you and not your daughter. Hopefully, when it is weened from her system, she will apologize for how she behaved. She may not truly be aware every exhale is a fiery breath of disrespect. :-/

I know the words hurt and frustrate. Believe me. :-(

StressedM0mma

She actually already apologized to me. Not long after the uglies, she fell asleep for awhile. When she got up I told her very calmly that I knew she didn't mean what she said but it did hurt my feelings. She told me she was sorry, and didn't mean it. I just keep reminding myself that she isn't herself right now, and it is the disease talking. It still hurts though.

Methuselah

Stressed, as a mother of two difficult children who never sincerely apologize, that is what truly matters. Once she gets the drug out of her system, all will calm down. Just in time for the holidays. :) What a nice gift!

buddy

One thing I clearly remember from being on ssri's, when I stopped or missed doses I was way way worse than what I went on them for. ALL of my sisters and my mom have said the same thing has happened to them.

StressedM0mma

Today was her first day at 100. Down 25 mgs. I know I am going to see alot of bad behavior, and other things, but it doesn't make it any easier. I am holding out such hope that the Wellbutrin will be the right drug for her. I have heard some good things about it. My entire body is pretzeled that this will work.

buddy

OH me too. I really want this for her, for you and for your family. I pray it will be one of the big answers. I would imagine even once off it, that it will take a while to get back into normal sleep patterns??? I dont know, just was thinking that.... for Q something can start out physical but becomes habit, more stuck in a behavior pattern.

Really hanging on for you!

BusynMember

125 mgs. is a high dose of Zoloft for her age. 50 mgs. made me nuts...lol. Good luck with the Wellbutrin. I couldn't take it (was never given it) because I have high anxiety and Wellbutrin can kick that up.

StressedM0mma

Thank you Buddy. It is so nice to know there is someone in my corner. It can be lonely sometimes. Midwest, I wasn't sure if it was high or not. No wonder she feels so out of it. She has told me that her mind feels tired even when she is awake. She wanted so very much to go back on the Celexa, but the psychiatrist refused. She was taking 40mg., and the psychiatrist said that is the new max for it. So, it is on to the Wellbutrin. Hopefully it won't give her too much anxiety. She does have some, and we did tell the psychiatrist about it.

Here is to holding out hope.

InsaneCdn

Stressed...

{{hugs}} - I know the feeling when everything takes too long...

But... please remember that you are actually trying to solve TWO problems, not one...

First, you have to get her OFF of a medication that is not working to her advantage.

THEN, you have to find one that works.
No matter what happens with the second step, you still have to do the first step... No Matter What.

But it sure isn't easy.