How long does this *#$^&# flu last?

TerryJ2

I'm getting depressed. I can't get rid of the lethargy and headache. The swollen glands, stomach issues and most of the congestion are gone but I'm not "me." It's been 2 wks!
I know lots of others here have been sick, so I'm wondering what the average get-well timeline is.
:whiteflag:

susiestar

Roll With It
It lasts forever. Or, for my family, about 4 weeks. It felt like the same. The kids didn't miss school the whole time, but they did each miss some school. husband was home a total of 3 days, and he NEVER stays home.

Sorry you feel yucky.

Susie

KTMom91

It took me three weeks till I felt able to go back to work, and then it's taken two more weeks till I started to feel relatively normal. This stuff is brutal.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sending ((((hugs))))). Sorry it still has you in it's grip.

easy child didn't start feeling "normal" again for about 3 wks. And she rarely gets sick. I think Travis was about as long, and he NEVER gets sick.

Steely

Really - weeks? Oh good grief!!!:sick:

I never get sick, and I am at day number 5, and I was thinking THAT was horrible! Weeks? Tell me it ain't so!!!

Terry, hang in there - I feel your pain. Well wishes soon!

Wiped Out

Staff member
husband missed three days of school, was really down and out through last weekend, went back to work but felt miserable and even still doesn't feel great.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's been over two weeks. The respiratory issues are mostly cleared up as are the swollen glands and sore throat and fever.

I'm still dealing with the fatigue and having digestive tract issues. This flu is a real bear and in my humble opinion you are looking at a month at least to get over the stuff.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Terry,

It doesn't let up - just when you think you have it licked & are ready to join the land of the living it takes you down again.

kt has missed something like 5 days of school with it this year; husband is just happy to be working from home right now. He's been struggling for 3 weeks now to get back to normal.

I've spent the last week, at the very least, fighting it & losing in a big way!

All I've been told is that it's a nasty virus this year that just won't quit.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

DammitJanet

I have been sick since the last week of January! Like Timer Lady, just when I start to think I am feeling better it comes back with a vengeance.

Steely

Wow, if you go to the doctors do they help in any way? I am tempted at this point, but if it is a virus, than what are they gonna do? Months sounds terminal Janet - tell me it ain't so!:sick:

This is day 6 and I am feeling worse again - just like you guys said. I feel like someone hit me over the head with a shovel. Of course difficult child has it as well, so we are just the most pitiful 2 ever - I am pretty sure our dogs are gonna get it with as much coughing as we do (I know - not possible - but still).

My husband is starting week 3, and he's missed 3 days of work. husband has not even missed one day of work (due to his own illness) in, oh, the 25 years that I have known him! He slept all day today - definitely so not like him.

This one is a true influenza, I do believe. Hang in there, get LOTS of rest and fluids. I know, I know, Moms never get to be sick ....

tammyjh

3 weeks or more:sad-very:?
husband is in week two...I think probably day 9 or 10 and is home again...in bed watching movies. I don't know whats worse...him being sick or him driving me insane from being sick:faint:

The boy were sick too but my 6 yr old is now back in school and my 2 yr old is almost over it.....phew! I'm hoping no one else gets it....especially me...thank goodness for Airborne....even though I know they've been sued, I still think it works:laughing:

SaraT

Yes it can can bad. easy child, B, was down 4 days and still isn't up to par, difficult child, Little B, was out of school 2 weeks, back to school, then out another couple of days. And that was even after they got the flu shot. Didn't seem to help this year.

Get well soon all.