Hurricane

pasajes4

The Texas coast is about to be hit by a probable catagory 3 hurricane. The weather will be nasty as far north as San Antonio/Austin. My niece is in Corpus and will be riding out the storm as emergency support personnel. We will be opening our church as an emergency shelter at noon today. Many other churches and schools will also be use as shelters for as long as needed. The stores in a 250 to 300 mile radius are sold out of essentials.

If you are so inclined, please pray for those whose lives and livlyhoods will be in turmoil for weeks and months to come. A special prayer for the emergency crews who willing putting their lives on the line and for those who are volunterring to go to those areas to assist the emergency crews. It is in the worst of times that the human race at its best.

Calamity Jane

So scary. They were saying on the Weather Channel a little while ago that there were people in an RV park in Corpus Christi who have decided to ride out the storm, despite being strongly encouraged to leave. The anchorperson said that was tantamount to a death wish.

kim75062

News updates look pretty bad. I signed up with the Red Cross yesterday for volunteer medical personnel.

They did my application and background check in under 20 mins! Now just waiting to hear from them if they need me.

pasajes4

There has been 1 confirmed death and about a dozen people injured. The shelters in SA are just about full. The church has had quite a few local homeless folk who could no longer stay in the camp by the creek.

The real help is going to be needed in the next few weeks/months in cleanup and cleani g supplies.

Things have not been as bad as they thought around here. That's a much appreciated blessing.

I think it's wonderful that you volunteered.

pasajes4

Pigless, We might have some flooding but that happens every time it rains here. My niece says Corpus was spared from too much damage so far.

pasajes4

Lil, The only damage I sustained was a knocked over mail box. Houston is being hit in the worst way possible. My niece is in Corpus but did not sustain more than some minor damage.

kim75062

The Red Cross is still not allowing civilian volunteers into the area under them. Our city in the dfw metroplex just opened a shelter for a few hundred evacuees so me and daughter 18 are going to sign up there tomorrow.

I have been a lurker for many years and while I have never posted my story this forum has helped give me strength to get through many of the worst times in my life. I thank you all for your concern for the city I love.

On behalf of my fellow Houstonians I want to thank all of you for your prayers. My family has been very Blessed and our home did not flood nor did our wayward daughter's apartment. We have many, many friends that were not as fortunate.

Evacuations are ongoing and many organization as well as civilian volunteers are continuing to rescue those in flooded homes.

The Red Cross as well as many other organizations and churches have been working dillagently to meet everyone's needs. There has been an outpouring of volunteers and donations of supplies. Houston is a city that believes in neighbors helping neighbors and this has been evident throughout this catastrophic event.

The recovery process will be long, slow and costly but our city is resilient and we will recover.

Today we saw the sun for the first time since Harvey hit and tomorrow it shall rise again.

Again, thank you for the prayers, keep them coming, we need them.

S2T

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I have been a lurker for many years and while I have never posted my story this forum has helped give me strength to get through many of the worst times in my life. I thank you all for your concern for the city I love.

On behalf of my fellow Houstonians I want to thank all of you for your prayers. My family has been very Blessed and our home did not flood nor did our wayward daughter's apartment. We have many, many friends that were not as fortunate.

Evacuations are ongoing and many organization as well as civilian volunteers are continuing to rescue those in flooded homes.

The Red Cross as well as many other organizations and churches have been working dillagently to meet everyone's needs. There has been an outpouring of volunteers and donations of supplies. Houston is a city that believes in neighbors helping neighbors and this has been evident throughout this catastrophic event.

The recovery process will be long, slow and costly but our city is resilient and we will recover.

Today we saw the sun for the first time since Harvey hit and tomorrow it shall rise again.

Again, thank you for the prayers, keep them coming, we need them.

S2T
S2T
Welcome! and may this crisis pass with as little pain as possible for all affected. Such a tragedy and your comments speak to the human heart of support and endurance so beautifully. I donated today to the Red Cross fund.

I was so moved by the media posting of all the people with boats heading to Huston to help.