I. Am. Brain. Dead.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Seriously.

I applied for an IT position yesterday. In my ultimate wisdom, I get up at 3am to check email, etc. I got a response! They want me to go to the next level, ie, taking 3 timed tests. Well, I'm feeling wide awake and thought it's quiet...I'll go for it.

Now, I don't do well with tests, period, let alone a timed test. But, as stubborn as I am, I said...bring it on. Fast forward 2 hours and I want to strangle someone.

I'm watching this damn clock that is ticking in the upper right corner...I wanted to kill it. Who knows how much 40 lbs. of tile costs when 250 lbs. is $348? Well, I do, but I need to do the math...but there is no time! I'm trying to do mental math, but nothing matched. I HATE choosing none of the above.

Then roomie comes in about 4am...what are you doing up so late? GET OUT OF HERE...NOW!!! I NEED TO THINK! He sheepishly shut the door. I apologized this morning.

Now on to my favorite test (NOT) - analogies. Who ever thought this was a cool idea to test intellect should be shot. I think I did pretty well except for one. They wanted the opposite of reap and the answer is 'sow.' I WILL dispute that.

Geez...I feel like I'm 16 again.

I think I might try bed for a bit.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
At least I know it's not just me.

I'd like to know the reason behind the "timed" aspect of the test anyhow. How is that checking someone's smarts? Ok, if you're sitting there with a calculator in hand..........but it you don't have one, you're in big trouble.

It is possible to be both highly intelligent and SLOW at the same time.

God I hate that. That was my problem on the nursing test. Wasn't that I didn't know what I was doing........it was they weren't giving me enough time to do it. grrr Especially on the math part of the test. And calculators weren't allowed.

I used to really hated timed tests in school. I've grown to loath them in adulthood.

Fingers crossed. Maybe you did MUCH better than you think.

Hugs