I Called CPS and Turned Myself In.....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
for being a bad parent with two out-of-control children.

And I'm SO glad that I made that call!!!

I ended up getting connected with a woman who took an hour out of her day to give me a whole list of places to turn to for help and some tips I can use when and if my kids take off without permission again. (Did you know that leaving home without persmission is a criminal charge of "truancy" for a minor? I didn't.)

She also had some suggestions for nearby Residential Treatment Center (RTC) hospitals and how I might obtain a referral for my daughter to finally get her a proper diagnosis and some treatment.

This morning, I really felt that I had reached the end of my rope and was ready to just give up....

Now I feel that I've been given some options for getting some real help.

I am SO grateful!

:D

--DaisyF

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well now THERE is a first.

GOOD FOR YOU DAISYFACE.........I hope you are recharged a bit to find there is help out there.

I also had to call the police on my son when he ran away - and you must by law continue to make a report at least every other day if not every day.

BUT - do NOT go looking for them. It feeds the fire that is - HA now YOU worry.

Hugs - best of the best of luck to you.....
:angel3:

jbrain

Good for you, DF! I'm so glad you found help. When my difficult child 1 would just disappear I reported her missing to the police each time because in my state you are supposed to know where a minor child is. This was also a good "paper trail" to get her help later on.

Glad you are feeling some better!

Jane

maril

I add my good for you, too!

I learned a lot about local options for parents of troubled adolescents, once I finally hooked up with the right people (professionals in crisis intervention and professionals in other programs in my county).

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
You're not a bad parent, you're a warrior parent who loves her kids. Good for you for reaching out for help. I hope you are able to figure out what your kids need.

The behaviorist who worked with my family for a year said the same thing Star just said, don't immediately run out looking for them. It becomes a game to them. But do report to the cops.

The behaviorist suggested that if my then 15 yr old left home with-o permission and violated curfew, that I leave a pillow and blanket out on the front steps with a note telling him that since he violated house rules he can sleep outside, then lock the door, turn off the lights and go to sleep. I never actually attempted this but it's in my arsenal if I need it.

DDD

How wonderful it will be if "the system people" step up to the plate and stand at your side. Hugs. DDD