I cannot wait until spring!!!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
We're seeing the sun :smile: & warmer temperatures. It's supposed to hit 38 degrees today. :faint:

However, over night got into the single digits & we had a pipe in the basement explode.

It was somewhat comical in that husband was upstairs in his office, I was reading in bed (our bedroom is on the first floor) & I didn't hear a thing. (Took my hearing aids out for the night).

husband comes tearing down the stairs & running into our room asking if I had heard that explosion! What explosion???? :hammer: Didn't hear a thing.

Called a plumber in this morning & have spent most of the morning cleaning out the basement. There isn't much damage because we caught it in time & turned off the water pipe.

I cannot wait for spring - I cannot wait to get outside & plant flowers. :flower:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timer lady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cannot wait for spring - I cannot wait to get outside & plant flowers. :flower: </div></div>

Me Neither! Ugh, I am SO sick of the cold, the snow, and the dismal look of the trees!!

Too bad about that pipe - hope it all works out. We've been replacing all the pipes in our nearly 40-year-old house one by one as they spring a leak. :slap:

dreamer

we have maybe 18 inches of yukky looking frozen slush junk with piles as high as 8 ft on corners. Yes, day before yesterday it was again below zero and fresh new snow, about 3 inches. YUK.
BUT this morning I woke at 5 to the birds singing outside my open bedroom window. The sun was shining and weatherman said it could get to almost 60 today! YAY!
I looked out window and it looks to me like the trees are trying to get little buds.
Yeees, in Januarary it had been so warm all winter, our crocuses bloomed and our daffodils were trying to come up!
Hard enough for me to walk, I am SO tired of ice being everywhere and having to be so very careful. - altho I get miserable when it is over 65 degrees, so spring will be nice, and then we can just stay there, LOL

Sunlight

I too am longing to be outside in my flower bed. well, right now it is a mud-ice bed. I put plants all along my kitchen window sill that are flowering. I must have flowers. I simply MUST!!lol

I'm with you!!! That is why I started my spring cleaning early - I guess all this cold weather got to me though. I hardly made a dent in my closet cleaning...

Anyway, I'm going to think WARM and SUNNY thoughts :flower:!!!
Just think, if we never had freezing, icy, miserable gray days, we probably wouldn't appreciate Spring... :hammer: (Just a not so good attempt at finding something positive about sleet and snow...)

Well, back to reality... Got to go - It's almost time to pick up difficult child 1 at school... Do you think I could leave him there for the weekend??? WFEN

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Our house is close to 100 years old - all the pipes had been replaced when we bought it 10 years ago.

We recently replaced our furnace & our basement just isn't as warm as it used to be. The plumber feels we need to get a larger heat source for the basement in sub zero weather.

Geeez - probably not this year. The furnace is less than 3 years old; will just have to watch things when we run into a long string of very cold days.

Yup, flowers - really need to get out & dig in the dirt. :flower:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
We had a basement pipe burst one Christmas Eve many years ago. The basement was finished- it had our family room, two bedrooms, utility room, and bath down there. It was a MESS and we had company coming for dinner. Long story. ugh.

You have my sympathies, Linda.

Suz

Lothlorien

We had a 65 degree day last Saturday. I got Spring Fever really bad. I can't wait either. I am so ready for the winter to be over.

Fran, you are mean!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I too am sick of winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want spring. Actually I want summer-pool time! Tuesday we are supposed to hit 55 which will be amazing but I really am hankering for some high 80s!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We hit 70 degrees today. :smile: Sun shining, not a cloud in the sky. Snow all melted, mud dried up.

I threw open every window in the house. lmao Made the dogs spend the day playing in the yard.

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain. :hammer: But at least it's still supposed to be in the mid 50's.

I am soooooo ready for spring.